Project Financial Officer at Tanzanian Diabetes Association (TDA)
- Company: Tanzanian Diabetes Association (TDA)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
The Tanzanian Diabetes Association (TDA) is a nationally recognized leader on diabetes policy and practice, a convener of the community movement, a partner to including foundations, government, and an advocate for people at risk of or living with diabetes including type 1 diabetes.
TDA in partnership with the University of Pittsburg and Life for A Child (LFAC) are looking forward to conducting a clinical trial to determine whether insulin glargine reduces the risk of serious hypoglycemia or improves Time in Range over 3-6 months when compared against standard of care human insulin (e.g. NPH or premixed 70/30) among youth living with type 1 diabetes (T1D) in low resource settings (HumAn-1 Trial). This is a two year project to be implemented between 2022-2024.
Therefore, TDA is calling for qualified candidates to apply for the following positions:
Position title: Project Financial Officer (1 position)
Reports to: Project Manager/Overall coordinator, PI and TDA’s Hon. General Secretary
Location: TDA Office, Dar Es Salaam.
Contract: Fixed Terms, 1 year, renewable.
- At least a bachelor degree in finance and accountancy with minimum of two years of experience in similar capacity
- Recognized by professional body and holder of Certified Professional Accountant (CPA)
- Experience of working with NGOs is an added advantage
- Good experience in financial management
- Experience overseeing project operations, procurement, and logistics; extensive experience in the development of project budgets.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft packages, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Accuracy in reporting detailed financial information
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as on own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and professionals alike
- Confidence in liaising with external organizations
- Ability to work under pressure, plan and priorities own workload, manage competing tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain effective office systems
- Ability to travel locally as required.
- Take care of bookkeeping and administration of invoices and accounting documents
- Manages the bank account, payments and treasury
- Monitor expenditure against budgets; monitor cash flow and predict new trends
- Contribute to the preparation of financial statements and processing and retention of documents and support in accordance with TDA/University of Pittsburgh regulations.
- Produce accurate financial reports at specific deadlines
- Prepare invoices to be submitted to Pittsburgh University timely and on quarterly basis
- Manage the annual accounts closing and the external audit in collaboration with the external accountant
- Ensure compliance with regulations (TDA and University of Pittsburgh) for procurement of goods and services and recordkeeping
- Develop appropriate financial systems and tools.
- Prepare monthly payrolls
- Manages time-sheets
Competitive salary shall be offered to qualified candidates