Project Driver x11 at THPS
- Company: THPS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health (MOH), Ministry of Community Development Gender Elderly and Special Groups; Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Health in Zanzibar and Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care and social welfare services to all Tanzanians; through strengthening of health and community systems.
THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below:
Position: Project Driver (11 positions)
Reports to: Head Driver
Location: Tanga (7), Shinyanga (1), Kigoma
(2) and Songwe (1)
Purpose and Scope of Job:
To maintain and provide the general maintenance and services for the THPS Program Vehicles and fleet services to THPS Staff travelling to sites.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Drive THPS program vehicles as directed and providing safe and efficient transportation to the staff and its visitors.
- Deliver parcels, letters and other relevant items to offices and businesses as appropriate.
- Drive long distance with or without THPS staff when required and adhere with the rules and regulation.
- Ensure that the vehicle is always clean and in good order and all the documentation e.g. insurance and road license are up to date.
- Perform routine vehicle inspection and maintenance including checking oil, fuel, brakes, lights, windshield wipers, waters and tire pressures.
- Keep track of maintenance record of vehicles to ensure that service schedule are adhered to and to remind the employer in advance when vehicle (s) service is due.
- Provide information and other general assistance to the organization staff and its visitors.
- Maintain record of work performed; Fills up all necessary forms, makes timely reports of accidents, incidents and unusual occurrences.
- Ensure necessary steps are taken as required by rules and regulations in case of involvement in an accident.
- Abide to all THPS rules and regulations.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- The candidate should hold a new valid and clean class Cl, C2, C3 and C or more driving licence issued by Tanzania Revenue Authority
- The candidate must possess a driving certificate from VETA or NIT – This is Mandatory
- Must have not less than 5 years working experience driving 4wheel drive station wagons
- Must be a holder of Ordinary level Secondary education with good passes in English and Swahili
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance with safety driving skills
- Sound previous driving experience of three years and above working in NGOs (Programs or Projects)
- The candidate should be fluent in both English and Swahili
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to [email protected] by August 16, 2023 with a subject line of ‘Position’
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates at this stage.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.