Project Coordinator at Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank
- Company: Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania - Banking Jobs in Tanzania
Nature and scope:
The job holder reports to the Director of Planning, Policy, and Research administratively and to the project steering committee in all project matters. He/She is the project focal point and is responsible for the coordination, implementation, reporting, and management of the project.
- Accountable for ensuring all elements are in place for smooth and effective implementation of the project, achieving the key milestones of the project as agreed with the donor.
- Lead and support the development of strategic and business plans for new business and joint venture operations, which include possible processing plants.
- Along with Bank and Project Teams, the Project Coordinator shall lead and oversee the hiring and development of teams.
- Ensure the business work ties to an annual operating plan and work towards financial sustainability.
- Support milk processors and Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) to overcome business challenges and expose them to business opportunities for growth.
- Lead and develop strategic plans and formulate key strategies for the project, translated into actionable and impactful short and long-term work plans and align with sound budgets.
- Oversee general project leadership (Programs, Finance, and HR).
- Lead and collaborate with implementing partners to formulate sound strategic actions and techniques in the project implementation.
Partnership Development, Relationship Management, and Resource Mobilization.
- Establish, foster, and manage high-level relationships with key stakeholders who are critical to the success of the project.
- Map strategic project partners available within the country like Government; Ministries, Departments, and Agencies; Private Sector Players, multilateral and bilateral organizations; farmer-based and farmer-supporting institutions, and others.
- Collaborate with Bank and Implementing Partners to engage and manage relationships with strategic partners; and create mutual linkages among partners to leverage resources; hence synergies.
- Represent TADB and the Project in various stakeholder platforms; share and gather learning events across partners and ensure that TADB and Project interests are taken care of at all levels.
- Lead planning and strategic efforts in resource mobilization in collaborations with TADB and Implementing Partners.
- Work with Implementing Partners, other partners, and stakeholders in improving and sharing experiences across the country.
Operations and Compliance.
- Accountable for project-level compliance with both TADB and donors’ contractual obligations, policies, and procedures.
- Along with the Bank and Implementing Partners Finance Teams, lead Operational Plans and Budgets (OPBs) and review activities.
- Supervise expenditure control within the budgets.
- Ensure compliance with contractual regulations and procedures of the donors.
- Ensure the existence and functioning of systems for the control of all assets, estates, funds, equipment, and installations.
- Submit timely financial reports to the Bank and BMGF as required.
- Facilitate all audits and follow up on the implementation of any recommendations emanating from such audits.
- Recruit, train and retain high caliber staff for the project (under TADB) and ensure Implementing Partner gets desired characters for the project.
- Responsible for end-to-end Project Staff Performance.
- Oversee procurement activities under TADB’s mandate and as per TADB set policies and standards for procurement.
- Ensure goods/ services to be procured reflect value for money, are timely delivered, and are in intact quality and specifications.
- Produce quarterly progress reports which will cover updates on annual work plans, financial, technical, administrative issues, and partnership management events.
- Produce various reports in partnership with implementing partners for sharing with stakeholders within and outside the country.
For the detailed Job Description, Click here;
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- Master’s in Business Administration or Agricultural Economics or Animal Science or Food Science (Dairy Technology) or Rural Development or Project Management or Marketing.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in development projects, commercial businesses, NGO management/dairy/agriculture development, and dairy value chain management.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with proven success in senior positions in Project Management (preferably dairy/agricultural projects).
- Relevant training in Enterprise development, Organizational Development Project planning, and management.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 21st February , 2022.