Project Coordinator at CBM / Mnazi Mmoja Hospital (Zanzibar)
- Company: CBM / Mnazi Mmoja Hospital (Zanzibar)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
TITTLE: Project Coordinator (1)
DEPARTMENT: Department of Preventive and Curative
LOCATION: Mnazi Mmoja Hospital, Zanzibar
JOB TYPE: Full Time
DURATION: Employment Contract will be 24 months, with the possibility to extend depending on the availability of funds
Background and Purpose
Mnazi Mmoja Hospital is a Government, Semi – autonomous and referral and teaching hospital with all specialities in Zanzibar, serving the Population of 1.3 million, supported by the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar.
With the support of the funds from Government and in partnership with CBM; Mnazi Mmoja Hospital will enhance its eye health services through Inclusive Project in Zanzibar Islands through the implementations in four main areas;
- Construction of a ramps in Eye Department building at Mnazi Mmoja Hospital and PHCU’s
- Capacity building through Training of medical staff in eye health Services (Long and Short courses)
- Conduct eye health outreach screening visits and surgical camps (both Children and Adults)
- Purchasing of Eye equipment at Primary level and Mnazi Mmoja Hospital
- Purchasing Low vision aid, hearing aid for Inclusive and vulnerable People and those with disabilities.
Mnazi Mmoja Hospital in Collaboration with CBM International, would like to recruit two positions; project and Accountant. The purpose of these position is to ensure effective and efficient implementation of Comprehensive Eye Care programmed under department of Ophthalmology.
Project Coordinator’s Structure of Authority
The project Coordinator will report to Executive Director at Mnazi Mmoja Hospital Programme Manager – Comprehensive Eye Care Services
The following is a list of the major responsibilities of the Project Coordinator. The responsibilities of the Project Coordinator are not limited to these points:
- Ensure effective and efficient implementation of the Peek project in general, in accordance with the activities stipulated in the project contract between Mnazi Mmoja Hospital and CBM International
- Establish and monitor implementation schedules and cost plans.
- Under the supervision of the Mnazi Mmoja project Lead and in collaboration with other senior financial personnel, prepare and monitor project budgets and cash flow projections.
- Will work hand in hand with National Eye Care Coordinator to spearhead the project activities
- Monitoring and supervisions Project activities shall be done in collaboration with National Eye Care Coordinator as leading supervisor
In close collaboration with the related staff from Mnazi Mmoja Hospital, the Project Coordinator shall fulfil the following duties and Responsibilities.
- To identify and build relationships with key stakeholders and decisions makers, ensuring their expectations and involvement is effectively managed.
- To communicate effectively and appropriately regarding key messaging about the programme to ensure clear understanding.
- To set and manage timelines and budgets for the programme.
- To organize and facilitate workshops to meet their objectives.
- To create documentation to aid communication on key issues, events, presentations and reporting.
- To monitor the trend of activities implementation, identify programme challenges and spot anomalies and communicate back to project lead and CBM for improvement.
- To prepare programme outreaches
- To support relationships with implementing teams/users in-country.
- To understand Admin settings, users, data, reporting and other functions.
- To lead facilitation of Implementation Team Training.
- To support the smooth running of the programme from a programmatic standpoint liaising with the Project Lead and users.
- To lead facilitation of Iteration Reviews.
- To facilitate screeners and health staff to participate in continuous improvement processes including training.
- To write and submit quarterly, semi –annual and annual reports
Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in Project Management, Business Administration/Management/Social Sciences or its equivalent qualification from a recognized University/Institution
- A Master Degree in the field mentioned above is a definite advantage
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Project/Programme Management within a reputable development organization
- Proven experience in project monitoring and budget control
- Proven competence in project report writing (Narrative and Statistical)
- Experience in procurement of goods and services
- Financial management background as a plus
- Skills on M&E
Required skills and attributes for Project Coordinator:
The key skills and attributes identified for the role of Project Coordinator which is essential and desirable:
- Able to manage and develop relationships with high level NGO, government and other stakeholders with confidence
- Relevant experience implementing projects in eye health and other public health sectors
- Ability to collaborate with teams in remote locations, communicating efficiently in English and both written and verbally
- Ability to execute planning and change management
- Aptitude for problem solving, good prioritization skills, high organized & focused
- Experience and aptitude to organize and facilitate Stakeholder meetings and workshops
- Extensive experience in data analysis, evidence gathering and knowledge management
Method of ApplicationApplications should be addressed to the Executive Director accompanied by certified relevant certificates, Curriculum vitae, names and Telephone numbers of referees.
The application can be submitted by email: [email protected]
Closing date for receiving application is 30th August 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.