Project Assistants x14 at BRAC Tanzania
- Company: BRAC Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Project: Disability Inclusive Ultra-Poor Graduation
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania takes a participatory, community-based, and inclusive approach to designing context-specific, impactful programmes.
Career with BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost- effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low- income countries, including in conflict- prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002 and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is part of a leading development organization that started its operations in 2006 in Tanzania, focusing on thematic areas of Agriculture, Youth and Women Empowerment, Food Security and Livelihood. BMT is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individual to fill up the following position;
Job Title : Project assistants – Disability Inclusive Ultra-Poor Graduation – (14 Posts)
Project Sustainability: 30 Months
Job Location: Dodoma, Singida.
To implement different components of the project in the field, provide hands-on coaching to the project participants directly to enhance their technical and soft skills, delivering different services towards sustainable graduation of the project participant in order to achieve the overall objective of the project.
- Select the targeted project participants following the selection guideline and work with the participant to select the appropriate enterprise option for them as an Income Generating Activity (IGA) in order to enroll them into the project.
- Provide enterprise development training, purchase assets to transfer, distribute consumption allowance and inclusive input to the participants as per the project guidelines.
- Encourage participant savings through VSLA meetings as per rules and regulations from the project participants.
- Provide hands-on coaching to the participants through home visits to build enterprise-related technical skills, and future planning and enhance their soft skills in order to lift them out of extreme poverty.
- Provide awareness-raising education to the project participants on different health, hygiene, and social issues through group visits in order to increase their awareness and boost their confidence levels.
- Identify the health requirements of the project participants along with their family members to ensure the healthcare services follow the project implementation guideline.
- Continuous follow-up, supervision, monitoring and analysis of progress project participants have made toward graduation from extreme poverty during the project cycle.
- Develop and share weekly, monthly and quarterly MIS, narrative and asset growth reports.
- Participate in the project branch procurement committee and ensure support in local procurement of livestock assets for project participants.
- Follow the safeguarding policy, and reporting procedure, report any incidents that may occur and encourage others to do so.
- Read, understand, practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Degree/Diploma in Humanitarian studies, Agriculture, and Business and Administration studies
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Analytical skills
- Good communication and facilitation skills with different stakeholders
- Problem-solving skills
- Documentation and reporting skills.
- Community mobilization work in livelihood/ disability inclusive projects.
- Clear understanding of poverty dynamics, geographical and community context, different cultures, etc.
- Gender and disability sensitive
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: CONTRACTUAL
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Method of ApplicationOnly complete applications will be accepted, and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 20th April 2023
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE