Project Assistant at TANGSEN
- Company: TANGSEN
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Pwani Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Rufiji, Pwani Region, Tanzania.
Tanzania Gender and Sustainable energy network (TANGSEN) is a professional network advocating for gender integration in energy sector with particular focus to women empowerment and increased access to modern energy technologies and services in Tanzania. The network is non-governmental, nonprofit making, non-political, and gender-responsive with a vision to ensure men and women are accessing sustainable energy through equitable social, economic and cultural power relations in communities. TANGSEN mission is to engender energy through advocacy, capacity building, awareness raising, information sharing and increase women’s participation, control, ownership and benefits on sustainable energy technologies and services.
Traidcraft Exchange is a UK’s development charity specializing in making trade work for the voiceless and unseen entrepreneurs, farmers, and artisans in Africa and Asia for purposes of growing their businesses, find markets and engage effectively in trade. Traidcraft vision is a world without poverty where all trade is fair. Working within the Trade Justice and Climate Justice movement we believe trade can be a powerful and sustainable solution to poverty.
TANGSEN in partnership with Traidcraft Exchange a uk. Based development charity organization is implementing a 3 years project (2022-2025) to improve Natural Resource Management (NRM) and livelihoods for vulnerable people through climate resilient practices & market led approaches along 6 value chains which include honey, fruit trees, sunflowers, fishing, poultry & vegetables. The value chains have been carefully selected for their proven market potential, climate resilience, biodiversity benefits, complementarity & opportunities for engaging women & PWDs. The project will be implemented in the Rufiji & Kisarawe districts of Pwani Region in coastal Tanzania.
TANGSEN is recruiting a Project Assistant to be based in Rufiji, Pwani Region with regular travel to Kisarawe, Dar es Salaam and Dodoma. The Project Assistant will assist the Project Coordinator to coordinate and ensure successful project implementation and achievement of the deliverable within the specified period. The Assistant Project Coordinator will report to the Project Coordinator at TANGSEN.
The specific responsibilities will be of assistance as follows:
- Support preparation of project work-plans, budgets, progress reports on monthly, quarterly basis and report to the project coordinator, including participating in all Management and Partners meetings and activities as shall be liable.
- Play an active part in project reviews, planning/strategy making.
- With project coordinator, facilitate project implementation with other project implementers including PO-RALG, LGAs, and all other relevant stakeholders.
- With Project Coordinator and project partners, support execution of regular outsourced activities including evaluation studies, media activities and trainings.
- With project coordinator and partners support in monitoring and Evaluation activities for the project.
- A University Degree in natural resources management, environment, energy, gender, social sciences or another related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in implementing projects of similar nature in Tanzania.
Application should include the following:
- Letter of application signed by the applicant indicating contact address including telephone numbers and email address.
- Professionally prepared detailed curriculum vitae with names of at least two referees with complete contact addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses.
- Certified photocopies of relevant academic certificates
Method of ApplicationApplication should be addressed to:
The Executive Secretary
Tanzania Gender and Sustainable Energy Network (TANGSEN),
P.0. Box 6159,
Dar es Salaam
Email: [email protected]
Last date of submitting the application letter: 10th June, 2022
TANGSEN is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women are highly encouraged to apply.