Project Assistant at European Union
- Company: European Union
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The European Union (EU) Is an economic and political union between 27 European countries. It plays an Important role In International affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the United Republic of Tanzania and the East African Community:
- Supports Tanzania’s development agenda and sustainable development goals for a better life for all
- Provides support with a view to Inclusive growth, private sector development and Job creation
- Promotes fundamental rights, good governance and accountable democracy;
- Fosters regional peace and stability, economic Integration and trade development.
Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific Job function as Project Assistant – this Job function may be changed In accordance with the needs of the Delegation.
This Is a full time employment. The post is allocated in salary Group II, which has a minimum gross salary of 4,061,891 TZS per month. Reporting to the Head of Section, the Project Assistant will manage Cooperation activities. The main tasks will Include:
- Briefings, technical notes, speeches, note taking, coordination support, analytical work
- Programme management: Call for Proposals, identification and formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities
- Policy dialogue with stakeholders
- Visibility and communication
- Development partners coordination and aid effectiveness
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Background in development related studies and/or public administration.
- Minimum of one-year relevant work experience, or equivalent in postgraduate education /research.
Linguistics ability and Communication skills
- Fluent in English and Kiswahill.
- Very good oral and written communication.
Interpersonal and Intellectual skills
- High degree of responsibility and be able to work independently
- Ability to work In a team
- Professional conduct. Ability to focus on priorities and to organise work to deliver on time
- Flexibility to work under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands
Method of ApplicationYou can apply by submitting your application by sending your detailed CV and Cover letter to: [email protected] The Subject of your email should be: Project Assistant Post No. 368083
Deadline for applications: 17:00 on 14th June 2021
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the Information provided In their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be Invited to an assessment phase which may Include an Interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to Inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.