Project Assistant at Bugando Medical Centre
- Company: Bugando Medical Centre
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Bugando Medical Centre is a consultant and teaching hospital for the Lake and Western zones of the United Republic of Tanzania. It is situated along the shores of Lake Victoria in Mwanza City. It has 950 beds and over 1300 employees. It is a referral centre for tertiary specialist care for eight regions, namely; -Mwanza, Geita, Simiyu, Mara, Kagera, Shinyanga, Tabora and Kigoma.
It serves a catchment’s population of over 14 million people. Bugando Medical Centre is therefore inviting suitably Tanzanians to fill the following vacancy.
PROJECT ASSISTANT -1 POST
Certificate of the secretariat or any other related certificate: Certificate of information and communication technology: Diploma in Business Administration with certifications in Secretarial studies: Min 2 years of relevant experience in a similar role preferably in donor-funded projects: Professional and pleasant personality with good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills Mature, with an attention to detail and highly resourceful: Excellent written and spoken English; Proficient in
MS Office applications (Excel, Words and Power point) is a must.
Must have work experience of at least two (2) years in a related field from a reputable organization.
C. Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project in general, in
accordance with the activities stipulated in the project contract between BMC, CBM and the funder BMZ;
- Establish and monitor implementation schedules and cost plans;
- Under the supervision of the BMC Director of Finance and in collaboration with other senior financial personnel, prepare and monitor project budgets and cash flow projections;
Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the BMC Director General
- Ensure timely preparation of tender documents for the selection of a construction company to renovate selected health facilities;
- Ensure the organization of the procurement process and the selection of the construction company in accordance with BMC and BMZ policy and guidelines;
- Regular supervision of renovation works in close cooperation with the local architect consultant/advisor;
- Ensure timely preparation of the tender documents to procure the medical equipment for the Health facilities;
- Supervision of the equipment delivery;
- Plan, organize and monitor training and outreach activities;
- Ensure proper monitoring and quality control of the project activities.
- Timely reporting of all project reports include semi-annual and annual reports as per deadline
- Organize and coordinate field visits for CBM Tanzania, SDL and other stakeholders as directed by the senior management of the hospital.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks at all levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation of good practice
Term of engagement: Two years renewable contract.
Method of ApplicationLetter of application should be written in English preferably handwritten attaching a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, should put in a sealed envelope addressed to ;
Bugando Medical Centre
Or Submit the application documents in PDF format to email address; [email protected]
The deadline for submissions of applications is 14th September, 2022 at 18:00 pm. This advertisement is also available through the hospital website www.bugandomedicalcentre.go.tz