Project Architect at Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST)
- Company: Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania - Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Tanzania
Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST)
The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST); an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, completed a major phase II expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam in 2018.
This expansion aimed at improving the Hospital’s quality of facilities and infrastructure to become an ultramodern 170 bed facility to increase its capacity as a provider of high-quality medical care leading to a tertiary care, referral and teaching hospital.
The Phase II development focused on expanding key clinical services including a comprehensive Cardiology programme, Oncology services and Neurosciences, as well as the expansion of Orthopaedics and Trauma, Diagnostic Imaging, Critical Care and Women and Child Health programmes.
The Hospital is JCI Accredited (achieved a level of quality and patient service that is equal to the best hospitals in the world) and the teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers Postgraduate Medical Education programs leading to Master of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Paediatrics and Child Health.
It is also an accredited internship site. As part of the integrated health systems approach, AKHST plans to establish 35 outreach health facilities that are located across Tanzania. Currently, 20 such clinics have been established across the country and linked the main hospital in Dar es Salaam.
We are seeking for enthusiastic, qualified and experienced PROJECT ARCHITECT as described below:
PROJECT ARCHITECT – (1 POSITION)
Reporting to the Project Manager, Project Architect will be responsible for Coordinating architectural and construction projects by planning, coordinating and controlling project activities to ensure that projects are completed to specification, within established time frames and budgets, and in line with the Hospital’s strategic plan.
- Assist to develop detailed project schedules, architectural design work plans in line with specified project scope and objectives.
- Attend all Project meeting and records minutes.
- Attend all EOC meetings, rounds and all maintenance issues by advising best way of maintaining buildings.
- Effective project monitoring, evaluation and timely reporting of deliverables.
- Assist technical and feasibility studies including site investigations by liaising with respective consultants to deliver detailed geotechnical reports for specific sites for new construction projects.
- Ensuring Project quality and workmanship by controlling and maintaining quality of concrete used on site, verification of materials as per project construction drawings and specifications and inspection of reinforcement, formwork, and all finishing works.
- Responsible for overall construction safety management.
- Oversee contractor’s/site compliance to applicable statutory requirements i.e. OSHA, NEMO etc
- Carryout necessary safety checks in line with the Hospital’s policies.
- Develop and design detailed drawings for construction works in liaison with the engaged consultants.
- Coordinate regular project meetings with all parties involved and ensure effective follow ups on open issues.
- Develop ongoing project update reports for the Steering Committee.
- Any other roles assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering/ Architecture or related.
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in Project Management/ Consultant Firm
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Projects/ AutoCAD, Revit and ARCH CAD is mandatory
- Knowledge and understanding of Construction safety and Contractor safety management
- Knowledge of the techniques, procedures and processes used for the efficient operation of building services and construction practices.
- Working experience in construction industry.
Method of ApplicationONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS. APPLICATION LETTER, CV AND EDUCATION CERTIFICATES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: [email protected] WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. 0. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON 22ND MAY, 2022.
“AKHS is concerned about the climate and environmental crises we face and is doing everything possible to reduce our own impact, encouraging others to do the same, and advancing understanding in this field. AKHS has set itself the task of getting as close to net-zero carbon operations as possible by 2030. We expect all staff to contribute to achieving these aims in the context of their roles. We encourage applicants with previous experience or an interest in this field to apply”