Project And Community Engagement Officer at Girls First Initiative (GFI)
- Company: Girls First Initiative (GFI)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
PROJECT AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT OFFICER
(full time position)
Who are we?
Girls First Initiative (GFI) is a Non-governmental organization in Tanzania focused on championing and amplifying the voices of girls at risk of sexual harassment. We seek to ensure girls’ rights are promoted by defending their right to health, education, and economic growth, which are the root causes that increase the girl’s vulnerability to sexual harassment. We ignite girls’ confidence to act differently at a time that can define their future. We create safe spaces for girls by sharing facts and answering questions about health, nutrition, education, relationships, and entrepreneurship. And we use innovative technology so we can reach girls at scale.
We equip girls with the skills to negotiate and redefine what they are told is possible, so every girl can choose to be in control of her body, her health, her learning, and her livelihood. When a girl unlocks her power to make different choices that change her life, it inspires others to do so too. She starts a ripple effect that impacts her family, her community, and her country.
The Programs Officer will support the program team to manage relationships and activities with partners and members, support the collection and dissemination of required program information, and be a part of the team that leads the design, implementation, and delivery of the projects and development activities of the organization. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in development projects and should possess experience in community development in Tanzania. The position is based in our Dar es Salaam office.
● To support program evaluation and research, including leading the delivery of the projects and development elements of the programs.
● To support the day to day management and communication of the programs; and to support the implementation of the programs, policies, and processes of the organization.
● To build relationship and support engagement with both partners donors and other stakeholders;
● Support the management of the data information systems to ensure the teams have the required data and information in the development of programs propositions;
● Support the standardization of reporting and information processes across all programs and provide administrative support, including the organization’s logistics and purchases.
● Conduct program reviews and prepare reports for management
● Content development work alongside the communication team for GFI’s website, annual report, social media, events, email newsletters, and other material.
● Contribute to the development, implementation and continuous improvement of GFI’s monitoring,reporting and evaluation processes, including preparation of log frames for all programs
This description is not exhaustive, and the job holder may be required to undertake duties that are broadly in line with the above responsibilities
● Knowledge and understanding of community development in Tanzania;
● Ability to work well with culturally and geographically diverse partners;
● Experienced, efficient and organized in online and remote work;
● Strong IT skills, including good knowledge in Microsoft Office;
● Knowledge and understanding of national and international development;
● Ability to source, analyze, interpret and communicate data;
● Experience of designing and developing research projects;
● Demonstrated project management experience;
● Strong skills in proposals and report writing;
● Excellent in administrative skills;
● And fluency in English and Swahili.
● Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
● Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and work well under low supervision
Personal skills and attributes Essential:
● Strong networking skills;
● Flexible and pro-active approach;
● Organized and attentive to detail;
● Ability to identify issues in advance;
● Ability to travel to remote and overseas areas;
● And the ability to quickly understand new ideas and concepts.
Method of ApplicationPlease submit a cover letter, resume and a 1-2 page writing sample on GFIs areas of focus to [email protected] Please indicate ‘Programs and Community Engagement officer’ in the subject. Address the letter to The Executive Director Announced Date:
November 16, 2023
Location:Dar es Salaam
PS: GFI is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool. No relocation costs will be covered for this position. Applicants must be Tanzanians.