Project Accounts Assistant at The East African Community (EAC)
- Company: The East African Community (EAC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Organ : EAC Secretariat
Reports to : Administratively Project Coordinator/Technically Director Finance
Station : Arusha, Tanzania
Main Purpose of the Job:
To support Project Financial and Accounting functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Project Accounts Assistant will be responsible of :
- Handle all financial functions related to program/project;
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of program estimates/budget
- Verify the correct application of contract and grant award procedures;
- Verify the existence of adequate and reliable supporting documents for Commitments, payments and any recoveries;
- Verify the contractual and financial details of each invoice, payment
- Request and interim or final itemized statement of account;
- Prepare payroll, update lists of staff and their pay,
- Take inventory of materials and equipment and, where appropriate, Inventories of stock financed by the project or program;
- Prepare and make requests for replenishment and for closure.
- Prepare Payment Orders
- Liaise with partners and finance unit as and when necessary
- Ensure the smooth and timely disbursement of funds.
- Prepare documentation for audit purposes; produce audit working papers as required.
- Research and document explanations of significant budget variances on a periodic basis
- Prepare timely and accurate periodic financial reports
- Participate in periodic financial reviews as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties Assists in operational support activities as a liaison with divisions and other operational units in resolving day-to-day administrative problems;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting with Professional qualification ( : CPA/ACCA or equivalent)
- Five years relevant experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Team Work, Leadership, Results Oriented, Communication, Negotiation, Problem Solving, Judgment/Decision Making, etc
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills as well as strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities. Strong service orientation.
- IT compliant.
- Knowledge of sun systems accounting software
Eligibility for applications:
Applicants from all EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above position is tenable for a contract of 2 years and 8 months.
This project position offers salary and other attractive fringe benefits as per the project agreement.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with specific professional bodies will be expected to be in compliance with such requirements .
Method of Application
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
East African Community,
P. o Box 1096,
Arusha - Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
E-mail: [email protected]
Website : www.eac.int