Project Accountant x2 at Rafiki-SDO
- Company: Rafiki-SDO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
NEW JOB ADVERTISEMENT
Rafiki Social Development Organization is a development and advocacy non-Governmental and non-profit sharing Organization working with Children, Youth, Marginalized and Vulnerable groups, families and their communities to reach their full potential by advocating for their rights and tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. The Organization was established in January 2005 and registered under the NGO Act of 2002, issued with a registration number No.00NGO/00006336 to operate in Tanzania Mainland.
Currently Rafiki-SDO is implementing projects in 5 regions and 14 Councils in Tanzania mainland including Shinyanga ,Geita ,Kigoma, Rukwa, and Mara regions and funded by different donors.
Rafiki-SDO in partnership with PACT implement the USAID Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment and Virus Elimination project (ACHIEVE). ACHIEVE is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and implemented by a Pact-led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations. As part of its strategy, ACHIEVE is working to prevent and respond to gender-based violence and to empower youth to own their own future.
To facilitate smooth implementation of this project, RAFIKI-SDO wishes to recruit qualified, experienced, motivated and dynamic individuals in the following positions available;
Job Title: Project Accountant – (2 POST)
Office location: Mara Region
Work station: Musoma MC 1 Post & Bunda TC 1 Post
Reporting to: Program Manager
Duration: 12 Months / Renewable (full time)
Salary: Attractive package
- Establish financial systems and policies for the project to ensure Organization compliance, practices, and regulations;
- Provide financial and administrative support in the design, implementation, and monitoring of project activities;
- Advise project staff on donor requirements; and provide training on financial management, recordkeeping, operational systems, and policies as needed;
- Maintain audit trail for all projects matters ie. proper book keeping both soft and hard copies, proper filling of project documents e.t.c
- Ensure sufficient internal controls are maintained throughout the project life, ie. bank reconciliations and all expenses are with proper approvals.
- Maintain project fixed assets register
- Develop and monitor budgets for the project;
- Work with program staff to finalize and administer sub agreements, subcontracts, MOU and other related project agreements;
- Effectively communicate with and orient subrecipients to ensure understanding of donor regulations, cost norms and requirements. Ensure the financial monitoring of all project sub-grants in accordance with proper accounting principles and donor requirements;
- Work with procurement process to ensure proper planning, purchasing and distribution of project products in compliance with Rafiki-SDO policies and donor regulations;
- Analyze project expenses, including subrecipient financial reports, on a monthly and quarterly basis;
- Assess cost-effectiveness of methodologies proposed by the project leadership team;
- Coordinate input for the annual budgeting process with the Chief of Party and subrecipients; Supervise other financial and administrative staff;
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of complete and accurate financial reports and cash requests as per donor requirements.
- Maintain effective linkages between technical components, grants and finance and administrative functions within the project.
- Oversee compliance of Donor financial policy guidelines, policies and procedure of Government of Tanzania relating to all statutory requirements (PAYE, WHT, SDL, WCF, NSSF, HESLB) and any other income tax.
Qualification and Experience
- University degree in Accounting and Finance, economics or another relevant field;
- At least three (03) years of experience working on donor-funded development programs and financial management;
- At least one (01) year in a supervisory role
Rafiki-SDO will not refund any costs incurred by any applicant in preparation for this application. This includes, but is not limited to, cost for submitting an application and other communications related to the application. Rafiki-SDO will inform only those successful, if you do not hear back from Rafiki-SDO two weeks from the date of release of this job advert consider yourself as unsuccessful, Thank you for your interest in Rafiki-SDO work in Tanzania and for supporting national initiatives to saving lives and improve health for people affected by poverty or disaster so they can reach their full potential.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Method of ApplicationIf you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter to Executive Director, Rafiki-SDO, P.O.BOX 177, MUSOMA. Describing why you are the right candidate for this position, curriculum vitae detailing your experience, copy of educational certificates and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment. Please send the application to [email protected], via Postal or by hand at Rafiki-SDO Musoma office located at Bweri near Maduka Tisa.
NOTE: For those who applying through email, should indicate the position title in email subject line. Rafiki-SDO will review the applications sent to the official e-mail address, Postal and application which will be submitted to Rafiki-SDO office. The closing date for the applications will be on Monday, 19th September 2022, 17:00 Hrs