Project Accountant at World Vision
- Company: World Vision
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Project Planning and Management
- Ensure high-quality project implementation and reporting of project interventions, track targets and share progress in a timely manner with WVT Head Office and WFP according to the Project design document and project log frame.
- Innovatively manage the program in collaboration with partners, consortiums, and like-minded stakeholders to influence better results to achieve the multiplied impact;
- Maintain a tight understanding of all field activities and adjust program strategies, resources, and delegation of responsibilities as necessary to ensure appropriate progress toward objectives;
- Continuously assesses the context, assumptions, and changes in a working environment and proposes adjustments when needed.
- Effective project management according to PDD and Log frame.
- Harmonized relationship with partners.
- Improved relationship with the project donor.
Project Budget and other Resources Management
- Ensure annual and multiyear budget plans and report is prepared and shared in collaboration with finance staff, and ensure compliance with donor requirements;
- Management of project funds, including monitoring of monthly budget burn rates, budget re-alignments, production of financial reports, and support with internal and external auditing;
- Facilitation of sub-grant and co-implementation procedures and processes as provided by organizational policy.
- Creating synergies and resource leverage with government and other actors through facilitating integrated regional and district-level planning and budgeting;
- Responsible for effective close-out of grant.
- Effective budget management according to WV and WFP standards.
- Achieve more result using less resources.
- Wise stewardship of resources.
Staff and Performance Management
- Line management responsibilities for staff to be assigned. Responsibilities include new hire orientation, performance management, personnel actions, identifying professional development requirements and facilitating capacity-building initiatives;
- Conduct continuous staffs’ performance management (By using WV’s partnering for performance tool and any other tool as required by the donor).
- Oversight of all teamwork plans and support team with problem solving;
- Responsible for ensuring all team members and external partners adhere to World Vison policies and procedures including child and adult beneficiaries safeguarding policy;
- Promote and model a working style based on strict adherence to the WVs’ global organizational core values and Our Promise
- Enhanced project staff’s performance toward achieving project goals and objectives.
- Increased staff teamwork spirit
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL), and Reporting
- Test and adapt, in collaboration with program colleagues, the program theory of change;
- Ensure the project develops and implements the program’s impact measurement system, including a collection of baseline and periodic data for tracking program performance and decision-making;
- Deliberately create synergies and resource leverage with other World Vision projects (especially Area Programs), ensure that the project is well coordinated and generate evidence for policy impact and contribute to World Vision ministry and WFP Strategy.
- Ensure quality project progress reports as per WV and donor timelines and submit to the relevant authorities;
- Plan and facilitate annual program review meetings to assess progress, adjust plans, and draw/disseminate lessons learned;
- Organise and conduct reflective learning forums (quarterly reflection meetings, workshops, etc) internally and externally with program stakeholders including the government.
- Facilitate forward accountability mechanisms to monitor project quality and impact.
- Timely preparation and sharing of project documents, plans, and reports.
Networking, visibility, and donor recognition
- Establish and maintain good relations with WVT HO, WVK, Good Neighbours, and WFP contact person, with regards to the implementation and accountability.
- Ensures project interventions and donor are recognized by the government, partners and communities through project branding, participation and representation in different forums including national events.
- Develop and support effective linkages and collaboration with key public institutions in the relevant fields.
- Represent the project in various national and international learning and sharing meetings/workshops/conferences.
- Facilitate documentation and sharing of processes, challenges, best practices and lessons learnt among partners in the consortium.
- Build network and create a positive image about the project and WV in general
Other duties as assigned by the employer include Resource Mobilization
- Contribute to WV’s general performance.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in management and supervision of complex and Donor Funded projects.
- Experience with INGOs, WFP and other UN Agencies projects management is highly preferred.
- Should have an experience and general understanding of inclusive and holistic programming such as though not limited to GESI responsive and transformative designs, Environment, Market Led approaches, Financial Management, and related mainstreaming strategies and activities especially in livelihood sector.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Should have a university degree in Rural Development, Community Development, Agricultural economics, Agriculture, Management or related field.
- Having Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Having worked in refugees’ and host community’s context is an added advantage.
- Previous experience in providing leadership in the consortium project
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Basic understanding of advocacy approaches and advocacy issues at local, national and international level.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Swahili
- Significant experience in working with government officials, donors and multi-partner programmes
- Proven experience in facilitating effective project documentation and dissemination of results to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Report writing skills: Ability to write reports
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent team player with minimum supervision
- Strong commitment to WV Values, Mission and Vision.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field.
- Travel: 10% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: 5%.
- Must be able to work in rural areas.
- This position will be based in Kasulu, Kigoma.
- Fluent in both Swahili and English languages.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
WFP Programme Team Leader
- Direct reporting.
R&L Technical Team Leader
- Technical Consultation and Matrix Reporting
Cluster Manager and Senior Grants and Operations Manager
- Matrix Reporting
World Food Programme
- Technical Consultation and Reporting
Local Government Authorities.
- Work together in project implementation including co-planning, review and reporting.
- Project Manager will make decisions in consultation with WFP Programme Team Leader and R&L Technical Team Leader.
- Be Safe and Resilient
- Deliver Results
- Build Relationships
- Be Accountable
- Learn and Develop
- Improve and Innovate
- Partner and Collaborate
- Embrace Change
- Model Self-Management
- Engage, Influence, Lead, and Grow Others
- Run an Effective and Agile Organisation
- Develop the Organisation for the Future
Applicant Types Accepted:
- Local Applicants Only
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 17th March, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE