Project Accountant at THPS
- Company: THPS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and Presidents Office – Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services. THPS is currently implementing projects in comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment among general populations in Pwani and Kigoma regions; key and vulnerable populations across 25 district councils across 13 mainland Tanzania regions and Health laboratory services strengthening in all mainland regions and Zanzibar. Additionally, THPS implements research and evaluations across health programs to generate evidence that informs public health interventions.
THPS has been awarded a five years USAID Cooperative Agreement number 72067120CA00004 – Uhuru TB &FP LON Activity, aimed at improving access and use of quality Tuberculosis (TB) and family planning (FP) services for better health outcomes for Tanzanian citizens. The Activity will be implemented in Katavi, Kigoma, Rukwa and Songwe regions. THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below.
Position Title: Project Accountant
Reports to: Senior Finance and Administration Manager Position
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Overall Job Function
The Accountant is responsible to provide financial maintenance for Dar es Salaam and zonal field offices.
- To work as part of the team to achieve departmental
- To maintain accurate bookkeeping records
- Will be involved in receiving, processing all invoices, issuing checks, entering cash receipts and disbursements data into various Process expense forms and requests for payments from staff.
- To prepare and post transactions into paper-based and computer accounting
- To validate invoices and ensure timely and accurate payment of those expenses
- Maintain accounts payable modules
- Maintain control account for expenses with many transactions a month, such as air tickets to avoid double payments
- Make arrangement for upcountry office payments, such as fund transfer to up country
- To prepare all travel advances and post into system
- To ensure adherence to THPS policies and procedures and donor financial management requirements.
- Maintain a separate memorandum of payments made to ensure we have enough cash flow in both account every
- Undertake banking activities for all bank accounts; checking balance, collecting bank statements, cashing checks
- To ensure all filing is done in a timely and accurate manner
- To perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- The candidate must hold Advanced Diploma in Accountancy, or Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting, Business Administration, or Corporate Management with accounting professional qualifications CPA or
- Minimum of three years working experience in finance or accounting position will be an added
- Knowledge of donor funded project preferably
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost
- Skills in analyzing financial data and prepare financial
- Strong analytical skills in applying accounting principles and ensure that best practices are observed.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting
- Knowledge of federal and state financial
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to ([email protected]) by 31st July, 2020 with a subject line of ‘USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Position’ e.g. USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Zonal Project Manager.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.