Project Accountant at SHDEPHA
- Company: SHDEPHA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
BACKGROUND Service, Health and Development for people living with HIV /AIDS (SHDEPHA+) is a national non-governmental organization, registered on 21 November 1994 with registration number SO 8216, with the aim of mobilizing resources to help people living with HIV/AIDS and to fight the spread of the disease. Although originally focusing on people living with HIV/AIDS, over the years SHDEPHA+ has expanded beyond HIV/AIDS and related issues to other development interventions and now covers both infected and affected by HIV/AIDS with over 65 branches countrywide. Each branch of SHDEPHA+ works independently, developing, managing, and implementing its projects, though all branches share one constitution and registration.
SHDEPHA+ Kahama, based in Kahama Municipal, is among the 65 branches, was launched in 1999 and started independent operations in 2002 has been working with both international and national donors, the local and central government and other stakeholders to work toward the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The organization works with the poor, key, and vulnerable groups including women, children, youth, people with special needs; and it gives special attention to the underserved and marginalized populations such as PLHIV, FSW, and VAGYW. .
SHDEPHA+ Kahama therefore is seeking for competent, experienced, dynamic, and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below…..
SHDEPHA+ Kahama is anticipating a sub recipient funding from ELCT Tanzania to implement USAID Kizazi HODARI project at Geita region, in 6 councils. Kizazi HODARI project is a five-year, USAID-funded project (April 2022-March 2027) implemented by the prime recipient Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania (ELCT) in collaboration with SHEDPHA + as Implementing partner. The project is child centred and family focused applying the National Integrated Case Management System (NICMS) approach to enable delivery of individualized and age specific case management services to the household contributing attainment of 95-95-95% UNAIDS goals through OVC comprehensive services.
The overall goal of the project is to improve the health, well-being, and protection of OVC and youth age 0-17 years in high HIV burden communities. The project is implemented in collaboration with Government social welfare and health systems and structures, USG clinical and community implementing partners (IP) and other stakeholders to deliver comprehensive services that aim to keep all OVC sub-populations healthy, safe, schooled, and stable.
USAID Kizazi HODARI Project Objectives:
Objective 1: Increase use of OVC Platforms for paediatric HIV case finding, linkage to treatment, and viral suppression
Objective 2: Increase access to HIV prevention, violence prevention, and response services for OVC and Youth
Objective 3: Improve the socio-economic capacity of at-risk young women (AGYW) and OVC caregivers.
USAID Kizazi HODARI Project anticipate to USAID Kizazi Hodari the following outcomes:
- Local partners are strengthened to manage and sustain family-centered, community based OVC.
- Increased use of OVC platforms, for paediatric HIV case finding, linkage to treatment and viral suppression.
- Increased access to HIV prevention and violence prevention services among OVC and AGYW
- Improved social economic capacity of at risk AGYW and OVC caregivers
- Imroved case identification to ART and viral suppression among CLHIV in OVC through improved case management services and delivery of differentiated OVC service package
With this, SHDEPHA+ Kahama therefore is seeking for competent, experienced, dynamic, and qualified candidates s to fill the positions listed below;
Reports to: Finance Manager
Contract Duration: 12month (Renewable)
- We are looking for an enthusiastic Accountant to join our accounting team. S/ He will be responsible for gathering financial data and preparing accurate reports. Also, should be able to maintain journal entries.
- The accountant will be working closely with the Finance Manager to understand our company’s accounting practices. Besides, should be detail-oriented and have the ability to conduct in-depth research. S/HE strong analytical skills are vital in crosschecking and verifying financial documents.
- As an Accounting, you should be highly efficient, motivated, and reliable. Moreover, you should display a learning attitude and should be able to cope in a competitive environment. You should also be able to accept constructive feedback and improve your skills.
- Send in your application if you would like to work on your accounting skills. We would love to have you on board.
- Preparation of monthly financial reports Maintaining journal and general ledger entries
- Coordinating with the Accounting Officer during audits and annual forecasting
- Communicating with the Accounts Payable Manager and Accounts Receivable Manager to track pending invoices
- Undertaking data entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintaining accurate and detailed inventory records
- Performing administrative duties such as preparing invoices and updating accounting files, as and when required
- Cross-checking financial statements and data for accuracy
- Using accounting software when performing accounting duties such as generating financial reports
- Payment processing team in undertaking credit checks
- Adhering to the State and Federal regulations when performing accounting duties
- Ensuring completion of assigned tasks as per the timeline provided
- Preparing and verifying expense reports and statements
- Assisting in filing IT returns Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles, GAAP, and laws
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Familiarity with accounting software like Fresh Books, Wave, and Zero Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Good multitasking and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn new concepts
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highly motivated and reliable individual
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. SHDEPHA+ Kahama will conduct interviews at Kahama municipal Office for the shortlisted Applicants.
To be considered, your application deadline is on Friday 3rd October 2023; The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved. All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: [email protected]
- SHDEPHA+ is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on Age, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee Organization, or other non-merit factors.
- SHDEPHA+ is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
- Any Applicant attempting or communicating to SHDEPHA+ Management or Staff through phone calls, SMS, text emails and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channelled to the provided official correspondence email above