Project Accountant at DCT Mvumi hospital
- Company: DCT Mvumi hospital
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
DCT Mvumi hospital is Christian health Institution of the Anglican Church under the Diocese of Central Tanganyika (DCT). Mvumi hospital was established by CMS missionaries from UK and Australia in 1920s as nursing station. Quality eye health services provision is our extra-ordinary’ brand since 1970s. The hospital is situated about 45 km South East from Dodoma city centre in Chamwino District. The hospital offers services to the people of central zone regions (Dodoma, Singida) and people from other regions throughout the United Republic of fanzania.
SDL and CBM co-operate with the Diocese of Central Tanganyika and the Mvumi Hospital over a funding period starting on 01.12.2020 and ending on 31.12.2023 for implementing the Project titled ‘‘Prevention of Avoidable Blindness in Central Tanzania. ” The overall project goal is to contribute to the improvement of the ophthalmic heath care of the population in Dodoma. 1 he main purpose of the project is to ensure persons with visual impairments in Dodoma region make use of improved ophthalmic services.
Currently, Mvumi Hospital wishes to recruit qualified, experienced, motivated and dynamic individual to facilitate smooth implementation of the project in Dodoma region in the below mentioned position.
|Job Title||Project Accountant|
|Number of Post||1|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Location||DCT Mvumi Hospital|
|Reports to||Project Coordinator (day-to- day functions) & Hospital Accountant (technically)|
|Position Level||Experienced Candidate|
|Duration||10 months, renewable based on available fund and satisfactory employ ee performance|
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To effectively develop, manage and administer project plan for proper recording, documentation, controls, monitoring and reporting of financial operations in compliance with DC 1 as well as Donors such as BMZ. SDL
- Job Specifications:
- Budget and Plans
- Prepare for periodic (quarterly and annual) tinancial budgets and monitor expenditure against the approved budgets.
- Prepare and conduct periodic reviews on budget performance and ensure alignment to the signed agreement between DCT and BMZ.
- To prepare and submit requests of funds to donor based on the approved budget.
- Cash flow projection & forecast
- Ensure that internal control procedures and donor regulations are adhered to tor all cash and bank disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate backup of supporting documentation.
- To process all payments (cash and bank) tor the Project ensuring that they are properly approved by the Authority.
- Analyze financial risk assessment for the project and ensure placement upon the mitigation strategies
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of the Project accounting and accounting control procedures as per BMZ standards
Management & Financial reports
- Preparation of various financial reports as per agreement with the donor and the Mvumi Hospital Management i.e. monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annual management accounts and donor required. Present the Project financial reports to Mvumi Senior Management Team. CBM and donor.
- Ensuring that Mvumi Hospital submits timely and quality Financial Reports to CBM on a quarterly basis or as per agreed reporting schedule, annual audit and financial statement reports.
- Providing and interpreting other financial information related to the Project including any financial/taxation regulations amendments occurring at the partner or country level;
- Prepare the project payroll, and ensure tax calculations, social security and other statutory contribution are correctly made in line with relevant DCT Mvumi Hospital internal and national regulationsA
- Preparation of the Project books of accounts including periodic reconciliations as per defined Mvumi Hospital internal control structure and systems, as well as the interpretation of the same.
- Logistics and Procurements
- In collaboration with program team, develop and submit annual procurement plan in a timely manner.
- Ensure that any purchase, lease or sale ol assets is done in accordance with procurement guidelines and receives the required DCT and CBM approvals
- Monitoring, Follow up and Documentation
- Conduct reviews and evaluation of cost-reduction opportunities and alerts foi any aieas of cost increase for donor’s approval.
- Organize and manage the annual audit of the Project accounts, prepare and implement ol low-up plans based on given recommendations. charge of proper preparation, circulation, filing and archiving of all accounting, riancial and contractual documents in conformity with DC 1 Mvumi Hospital and donor procedures and standards.
- Reconcile all ledgers, to ensure that all transactions are accurately recorded and reported as per donor requirement
- Control and maintain an asset register and inventory in line with Mvumi hospital and donor requirements.
- To reconcile all ledgers, cash & banks and payroll to ensure that all transactions aie accurately recorded and reported timely.
- To ensure imprest are issued and retired with proper supporting documents before issuing of new imprest.
- Demonstrate high level of integrity in line with Mvumi Hospital core values foi the day to day functions.
- Working in accordance with the Mvumi hospital financial manual, partner agreements, and financial checklist in close liaison with CBM operations, administration and accounts teams
- To perform any other duties assigned time to time by Project Lead. Project coordinator and other relevant authority.
- Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree in one of the following field: Accounting, Finance and Business Administration from a recognized institution. Having CPA is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel. Words and Power point) is a must.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a related field from a reputable organization.
- Extensive experience in managing donor funded projects, and working with International NGOs is an added advantage
- Specialized knowledge in an automated Accounting packages e.g. Quick Books is a plus
- Vast experience on international Donors and local organizations financial practices
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at minimum supervision. attenti\e to details and team builder.
Method of ApplicationFor all interested candidate send your achievement focused CV (with 3 relerees, one from a recent employer), certified copy of relevant academic certificates and cover letter (in English) addressed to the.
General Secretary ,
Diocese of Central Tanganyika P.O. Box 15, Dodoma.
Submit the application documents in one PDF format file to email address; [email protected] with copy to [email protected]. Please make suie your email subject line captioned the title of position you applied for.
DEADLINE: The deadline for submissions of applications is 19th March, 2023 at 16:00hrs. Any application that will be submitted after the specified time will not be considered at all.
Note: Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
DCT is an equal opportunity’ employer and we value diversity
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE