Project Accountant at APHFTA
- Company: APHFTA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
APHFTA is an Umbrella organization of the Private Health Sector (Self Sustaining) in Tanzania. Over the years, APHFTA has engaged the Private Health Sector and Public Health Facilities in the delivery of public health goods under the Ministry of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) partnering to improve the quality of care in health sector and to achieve the objectives of Health Sector Strategic Plans, the National Strategy for Poverty Reduction and Economic Growth (MKUKUTA) and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
APHFTA is looking for qualified, experienced, and interested individuals to apply for the following positions at APHFTA headquarters and regional offices under the SAFE VMMC (Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision) Project.:
Position Title: Project Accountant (1 position)
Reports to: Finance and Administration Director
Department: Finance and Administration
Supervisory role: Regional Procurement cum Accountant (5)
Location: APHFTA HQ-Dar es salaam
The job involves performing accounts and general administrative duties, working in close collaboration with department heads. Ensuring proper financial management, assisting in the preparation of annual budgets and strict adherence to finance and administrative policies of APHFTA and USG. Ensuring proper asset management, including procurement, labeling and updating the asset registers. In addition, oversee the day-to- day financial operations and be accountable for organizing and providing high quality financial services to the program including sub-grantees and Implementing Partners.
Desired Qualification/ Competence
- First degree in finance or related field, plus CPA (T) or its equivalent. Having a second degree on Business Management or related field, will be an added advantage.
- At least 6 years of experience and having an experience working with the donor financed project particularly USAID, will be an added value;
- Specialized knowledge in an automated Accounting packages.
- Good understanding of international and local organizations financial practices.
- Excellent budgeting and financial management knowledge as well as use and literate upon computer programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Swahili, both verbally and in writing
- Exceptional computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel, and experience using commercially available accounting software
- Demonstrated success in managing sub-grant including risk assessment and capacity-building for grant-worthiness.
Instructions to interested applicants
- Submit your updated detailed CV (Max. five pages in Ms. Word), with application letter for the position being applied for and copies of academic certificates
- List of three referees (one must be the current immediate supervisor) with their current contacts
Method of Application
The Expression of Interest must be in English and should be submitted electronically and addressed to: Chief Executive Officer, Association of Private Health Facilities in Tanzania (APHFTA), 01Lumumba/Makamba Street P. O. BOX 13234, DA ES SALAAM, TANZANIA E-mail [email protected] The closing date is 5th June 2020 at 18:00 EAT.. In case of late submission, the application will not be considered for evaluation.