Programs Manager at ZMBF
- Company: ZMBF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: Programs Manager
Duty Station: Zanzibar Maisha Bora Foundation, Migombani-Zanzibar
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Deadline: 5th November 2023
Duration: 12 months’ contract (Renewable)
II. Job Purpose and Organizational Context
The Zanzibar Maisha Bora Foundation (ZMBF) The Zanzibar Maisha Bora Foundation is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO’s) established by the First Lady of the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar (RGoZ), Her Excellency Mariam H. Mwinyi, in July 2021. To complement the RGoZ efforts towards attaining quality life for the Zanzibar population focusing on Women, Youth, and Children in matters relating to socio-economic development, public health, education and gender-based violence.
The ZMBF seeks a skilled Program Manager to provide oversight during program planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation as well as reporting. The Program Manager will coordinate with donors, implementing partners and the government through local government and relevant Ministries.
The Program Manager must have a broad program management and operational knowledge base, results-based management aptitude and strong program support credentials, including advanced project planning, implementation, monitoring and risk management as well as analytical skills.
III. Key Results Areas Strategic Programs leadership and development
- Strategizing, implementing and maintaining program initiatives that adhere to the objectives of the ZMBF strategic plan.
- Ensure the identification of risks and opportunities across the ZMBF projects
Programs Implementation and Budgeting
- Work closely with the ZMBF CEO, project teams, and assigned project managers to develop the scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives
- Develop and manage the budget for projects and be accountable for delivering against established the ZMBF program goals/objectives
- Analyzing project status and, when necessary, revising the scope, schedule, or budget to ensure that ZMBF project requirements can be met
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with relevant clients, Development Partners, the RGoZ and other stakeholders, providing day-to-day contact on the ZMBF project status and changes.
- Manage and facilitate project activities implementation, periodic monitoring, evaluation and produce program reports for the ZMBF management, sponsors and stakeholders.
- Lead the ZMBF projects through deployment, identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and implementation plans
- Coordinate internal and external resources to ensure that the ZMBF projects adhere to scope, schedule and budget
- During the term of engagement, the Project Manager shall devote the whole of his/ her time and attention to the performance of the services and shall at all times act with due diligence and efficiency and under his/her Terms of Reference.
- Manage the ZMBF program staff and teams, coordinate and delegate crossproject initiatives
- Overseeing the ZMBF project teams and ensuring planned goals are reached in a timely manner,
- Building and developing the ZMBF project teams to ensure maximum performance by providing purpose, direction and motivation
IV. Selection Criteria and Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Project Management, Public Health, Monitoring and Evaluation and other socio-economic disciplines.
- Professional Certifications in Project Management, Public Health, Monitoring and Evaluation, Finance, Procurement and Public administration are advantages. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- More than 5 years of experience in an upper-management role, preferably in program/ project management
- Working experience as a Programme Manager/ Specialist will have a distinct advantage
- Demonstrated ability in programme/people management and working with diverse teams
- Experience in managing stakeholders, developing and utilizing web technologies, software and media platforms
- Strong attention to deadlines and budgetary guidelines
- Experience in coaching project team members to strengthen their abilities and skill sets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the ZMBF and project management policies and procedures is desirable.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to mobilize and distribute resources in a strategic or tactical way.
- Ability to plan, develop and operationalize a functional and results-based M&E system, reporting and accountability processes.
- Financial Management skills
- Ability to scan and synthesize diverse sets of information to arrive at the ZMBF strategic priorities and recommendations
- Outstanding research abilities
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is required.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates are requested to submit their application letters, copies of CVs, academic credentials and references while applying for this post
to [email protected] and/or addressed to;
THE CHIEF EXECUTVE OFFICER,
ZANZIBAR MAISHA BORA FOUNDATION
P.O. BOX 904,