Programmes Coordinator at Elct- Ecd
- Company: Elct- Ecd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
We are looking for a competent Programme Coordinator to take the lead of our programmes and provide oversight of administrative and programme functions in order to achieve programme sustainability and success in accordance with defined targets, strategies and goals.
Reporting to: The Coordinator General
Type of Job: Contract
Salary Scale: As per ECD Scale
Job Location: Zanzibar
Zanzibar Interfaith Centre (ZANZIC) is an office under the Eastern & Coastal Diocese of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania contributing to the existing interfaith activities in Zanzibar; it works with interfaith
relations, mainly between Muslims and Christian. ZANZIC seeks to build these relationships through dialogue and peace building projects, interfaith youth groups, and academic programs to equip and enrich the lives of local Zanzibaris.
Responsible for facilitating the effective management of programmes according to ZANZIZ’s standards, overseeing the work of the Programmes Team, providing direct line management to staff, and developing work plan priorities. The role also encompasses high-level relationship building and advocacy with partner organisations in order to build the reputation and position of ZANZIZ in the interfaith community.
- Play a key role in the day-to-day operations of ZANZIC alongside the other members of the senior management team;
- Continue development of a comprehensive programmes strategy to guide the development of programme activities plans, in-line with the values of ZANZIC;
- Oversee the planning and implementation of a portfolio of ZANZIC’s impactful programmes, working closely across teams to ensure donor requirements are met;
- Regularly review programme policies and procedures and lead on their development in line with best practice and beneficiary needs;
- Planning and coordination of programmes and activities implementation;
- Maintaining programmes budget and tracking expenditures as per programmes activities;
- Developing budgets for all programmes in liaison with the Coordinator General and the other departmental Coordinators;
- Ensuring the list of planned activities matches the list of projected budgets for each programme activity;
- Consulting with departmental Coordinators to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with programme changes;
- Advise the Coordinator General on sign-off of accountable agreements with donors;
- Review and approve monitoring reports for donors developed by the fundraising and programmes teams;
- Oversee the development of organisation MEL strategy in partnership with the other Coordinators;
- Input into the development and agreement of policies and procedures and ensure implementation across all ZANZIC programmes;
- Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations etc.);
- Keep updated records and prepare reports for the Coordinator General, ECD, partners, donors and other stakeholders where necessary;
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects of ZANZIC;
- Support the Fundraising Coordinator with the development of fundraising applications and management of the restricted funding matrix;
- Development of ZANZIC advocacy plan and representation of the organisation at high level meetings with stakeholders;
- Oversee key messaging and language in public and fundraising information working alongside the Fundraising Coordinator;
- Undertake research and disseminate information through publishing the work of the organisation to the global interfaith community;
- Attend relevant conferences and where possible present the work of the organisation;
- Build relationships with different faith-based organizations and leaders to raise ZANZIC’s profile and reputation;
- Explore and initiate collaborative working with other relevant organisations and stakeholders in interfaith initiatives;
- Attendance at fundraising or cultivation events to represent the programme work of the organisation;
- Lead and evaluate project managers and other staff;
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities;
- Apply change, risk and resource management;
- Assume responsibility for the programmes’ people and service providers;
- In liaison with other Coordinators, planning the ZANZIC programmes from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes;
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor programmes performance and determine the need for improvements;
- Supervise all programme and project staff involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems;
- Apply change, risk and resource management principles when needed in implementation of the programmes;
- Carry out regular bi-annual and annual appraisals with programme staff and prioritise work plans;
- Oversee and carry out monitoring and evaluation of programmes, projects and activities of ZANZIC and prepare respective reports for submission to CMT, ECD and partners;
- Prepare; oversee all programme reports produced by programmes staff before submitting to CMT for approval;
- Develop and disseminate monthly programme highlight reports for the Coordinator General, Advisory Board of ZANZIC and senior management of ECD;
- Liaise with the Coordinator General in preparing and disseminating mid-way and annual reports for partners and other stakeholders;
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned from time to time by the Coordinator General.
- At least five years ‘experience in project management and administration at senior level.
- Ability to manage multiple relationships and projects in a deadline-driven environment adapting to new priorities, anticipating needs and being nimble and responsive as projects and needs change.
- In-depth knowledge of program management and development procedures.
- Bachelor’s in business related degree, Project Planning and Management or related field. MBA or Masters in
- Development Studies will be an added advantage.
- Professional membership of a relevant body may be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of programme design and planning;
- Strong capacity in project management including planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting;
- Ability to manage multiple diverse projects and prioritise workload;
- Track record of financial management skills, including budget management and planning
- Ability to network and represent ZANZIC at events;
- An excellent track record of building and managing a team;
- Strong IT skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively, fluent in English (written and verbal);
- High degree of independent judgment;
- Excellent Management skills, system and procedures;
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines, budgets and business goal;
- Complex problem-solving skills and Strategic thinker;
- Strong team player and Resilient.
GENERAL CONDITIONS AND MODE OF APPLICATION
- To apply, please send your application letter explaining your interest in the role and how you match the specifications for the position,
- Enclosed detailed CV and academic certificates;
- All applicants must indicate two referees with their valid addresses;
- Qualified and suitable Candidates are strongly advised to apply;
- Deadline for application is 30 th June 2020 1600hrs;
- Interested Individuals with different Religious Background are encouraged to apply
Method of Application
All applications should be addressed to:
ELCT-EASTERN AND COASTAL DIOCESE,
LUTHER HOUSE BUILDING,
P.O. BOX 837,
DAR ES SALAAM.
PHYSICAL ADRESS: Luther House Sokoine Drive.