Programme Policy Officer SC8 (KJP) – Service Contract at WFP
- Company: WFP
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
|Education:||Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences, or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.|
|Languages:||Fluency (level C) in both written and oral communication in English and Swahili languages.|
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureau (RBs) or Country Offices (COs) and job holders report to a more senior Programme Policy Officer.
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional bureaus (RBs) or Country Offices (COs) and job holders report to a more senior Programme Policy Officer. Job holders are likely to be working under the close support and guidance of a more experienced professional staff member receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed. They are typically involved in programme or policy activities or similar nature and analytical work of limited complexity.
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of a limited number of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance.
- Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects of small to moderate size that are relatively straight forward in nature, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Provide consistent and timely professional services at sub-office level to meet the changing needs and expectations of WFP’s partners, allowing all partners to actively participate in and contribute to decisions that are relevant to the needs and make necessary adjustments to services as required.
- Follow data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Support in the identification of target farmers and farmer groups, private off takers, aggregation models and appropriate risk mitigation tools.
- Research and analyze policy and operational issues to support senior colleagues in the development of policies, programmes, and activities.
- Hold regular coordination and progress meetings with partners, input providers, and other partners and provide timely formal and informal feedback on their performance.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES CONTINUED
- Serve as a daily focal point at the sub-office level for the participating smallholder farmers and farmer groups, private off-takers government counterparts and International stakeholders in the sourcing ecosystem.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to ensure effective collaboration and monitor ongoing projects.
- Support the identification, development, and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food assistance packages.
- Making sure that all the field-level budget implementation plans, the yearly and quarterly budget, reports, and program documents are kept up to date, as required by the CO management.
- Liaise with relevant internal units (M&E, Finance, Procurement, other Program units, etc.) to support effective collaboration, implementation, and monitoring.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners, and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g., through project management support of learning initiatives.
- Provide guidance to support staff, acting as a point of referral and assisting them with analysis and queries.
- Other as required.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance||Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.|
|Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Voucher)||Demonstrates ability to analyse and consolidate quantitative and qualitative information from different sources (e.g., market studies) to inform transfer modality selection and programme development.|
|Broad Knowledge of Specialized areas (i.e. Nutrition, VAM, etc.)||Demonstrates the ability to interpret basic data in the context of WFP specialised fields to contribute to technical programme design, implementation and monitoring.|
|Emergency Programming||Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.|
|Strategic Policy Engagement w/ Government||Develops thorough recommendations using multiple inputs (e.g., government counsel, research, own experience) to strengthen national or subnational entities and government owned food and nutrition security programmes.|
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
|Knowledge & Skills:||
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only Tanzanian nationals should apply for this position.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for submitting applications is 16 February 2023.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th February, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE