Programme Policy Officer (Farm to Market Alliance Country Coordinator) at WFP
- Company: WFP
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
ABOUT FARM TO MARKET ALLIANCE (FtMA)
FtMA is a consortium of six agri-focused organizations, with a mission of making markets work better for smallholder farmers since 2016. Through a demand-led approach, FtMA works with local agricultural ecosystem players to sustainably improve farmer livelihoods whilst fostering commercial viability of value chain stakeholders. FtMA promotes the growth of viable smallholder facing business models through strategic and hands-on partnerships. FtMA coordinates the ecosystem, co-innovates products and services, and provides information management covering market access, access to finance, access to inputs and technology, and post-harvest handling and storage to overcome critical value chain bottlenecks in smallholder crop markets.
The strategic aim of FtMA is to increase incomes and resilience of smallholders through providing them access to commercially sustainable value chains.
There is developed a FtMA Business Plan for Tanzania that aims to provide quality technical assistance that aligns with FtMA’s objectives and compliments both public and private sector’s investments in developing viable, sustainable and robust agricultural value chains. Therefore, FtMA is looking for a Country Coordinator to coordinate FtMA operations in Tanzania.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Economics, International Development, Social Sciences or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency in Swahili is a bonus.
The Coordinator will have two reporting lines: one to the FtMA Managing Director; and to the WFP Country Director or her designate.
To set up, roll out, coordinate and manage FtMA operations in Tanzania.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Farm to Market Alliance Country Coordinator
- Develop a country implementation plan for the 2021/22 season by identifying appropriate aggregation models and risk mitigation tools based on existing structures and partners in the country;
- Lead the country level implementation overseeing the project interventions and engaging with key value chain stakeholders: farmers, aggregators, buyers, input providers, financial institutions, extension service providers;
- Engage and establish strategic partnerships with the requisite private and public sector actors including relevant MOUs and agreements, and with the government;
- Jointly with the FtMA Managing Director and WFP Country Director, identify and pursue in-country resource mobilization opportunities;
- Oversee the capacity building of Farmer Organizations, Cooperating Partners and other value chain actors to enable their engagement with structured food crops trade;
- Build the skill capacity of and manage a locally recruited team to act as change agents to promote sustainable pro-smallholder value chains in multi-stakeholder contexts;
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES CONTINUED
- Lead the review of the country M&E system and oversee monitoring activities in coordination with regional M&E focal point to allow for timely identification of emerging issues and informing ongoing interventions for mitigation measures;
- Oversee the production of high-quality reports and FtMA advocacy materials;
- Link and collaborate with relevant WFP units within CO and HQ technical teams to create synergy to pursue the pro-smallholder goals;
- Provide regular updates to the FtMA Global and Tanzania CO management and raise issues requiring management attention in a timely manner;
- Serve as a daily focal point for the local and regional stakeholders; and
- Represent the interests of FtMA and WFP in agriculture-related forums; and
- Perform other related duties as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Utilizes understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives to communicate linkages to team objectives and work.
- Be a force for positive change: Proactively identifies and develops new methods or improvements for self and immediate team to address work challenges within own work area.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Identifies opportunities to further align individual contributions with WFP’s mission of making an impact on local communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Helps colleagues to see the link between their individual tasks and the contributions of their unit’s goals to the broader context of WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Is able to identify, support and encourage focused on-the-job learning opportunities to address gaps between current skillsets and needed future skillsets for WFP.
- Create an inclusive culture: Recognizes the contributions of teammates, and encourages contributions from culturally different team mates to recognise the value of diversity above and beyond just including it in programming for beneficiaries.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Provides and solicits ongoing constructive feedback on strengths and development opportunities to help develop individual skills, whilst also helping others identify areas for improvement.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear targets for self and others to focus team efforts in ambiguous situations (e.g., unprecedented issues and/or scenarios)
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Thinks beyond team’s conventional approaches to formulate creative methods for delivering food aid and assistance to beneficiaries.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains focus on achieving individual results in the face of obstacles such as volatile or fragile environments and/or organizational roadblocks.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes personal accountability for upholding and delivering upon team’s commitments and provides assurance to stakeholders.
- Be Decisive: Demonstrates ability to adjust to team’s plans and priorities to optimize outcomes in light of evolving directives, while also responding quickly in high-pressure environments, such as in emergency settings.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Demonstrates an understanding of when and how to tactfully engage other units in conversations on impact, timing, or planning
- Build strong external partnerships: Networks regularly with key external partners using formal and informal opportunities to understand each partner’s unique value proposition, and to build and strengthen relationships
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Demonstrates ability to adapt engagement approach in the context of evolving partner circumstances and expectations
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Demonstrates ability to articulate to internal and external audiences the value that individual contributions and immediate teams bring to partnerships.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th June, 2021.