Programme Officer (Maternity Cover) at Girl Effect
- Company: Girl Effect
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Reference number: 46849
Title: Programme Officer (Maternity Cover)
Location: Dar es Salaam, Kampala, London or Nairobi (dependant on candidate’s location)
Salary: A location-appropriate package, benchmarked with local salaries and commensurate with experience will be negotiated with the right person
Hours: 4 or 4.5 days (30 – 34 hours) per week with at least ½ day on Friday required
Closing date: Monday 28 February 2022
Interview date: Wednesday 9 March 2022
Contract type: Fixed Term
Contract Length: 12 months
Please note: The successful applicant must have the right to live and work in the country they will be working in for the duration of the employment contract, without the need to apply for a work permit.
About the role
Sense International has an exciting opportunity for someone to join our team as a Programme Officer – Maternity Cover role on a 12 month fixed term contract. This role may initially be homeworking due to COVID-19 but will be based either at our offices in London, Nairobi, Dar es Salaam or Kampala once regulations allow.
The Programme Officer role has three related areas of responsibility.
- Working closely with the East Africa Senior Programme Manager, you will work with the three teams in East Africa with grant management, programme implementation, and donor compliance.
- You will work with colleagues to co-ordinate Sense International’s involvement in consortium projects, overseeing systems and ensuring reporting and compliance.
- You will also support on Sense International-wide systems such as safeguarding, quality assurance, mainstreaming gender, and monitoring, evaluation and learning.
The Programme Officer position is a complex function requiring strong prioritisation and co-ordination skills. You will be expected to co-ordinate well with colleagues, deliver high quality work, show good judgement, and apply initiative and persistence. Attention to detail is also crucial.
Sense International is a global charity supporting people with deafblindness and multi-sensory impairments (MSI) in Bangladesh, India, Kenya, Nepal, Tanzania, Peru, Romania and Uganda. We are one of the world’s leading international organisations working for people with deafblindness and their families.
Working at Sense International can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment.
Key skills and experience
- A degree in social science, international development studies, international relations, or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Experience of working in international development.
- Demonstrated experience of supporting programme management and the project cycle, including project planning, grant management, donor compliance, implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills including the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Ability to monitor budgets, report on variances, and highlight concerns.
For a full job description and person specification, please see the link below.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th March, 2022.