Programme Officer at Danish Trade Union Development Agency
- Company: Danish Trade Union Development Agency
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job posting for Programme Officer
The Danish Trade Union Development Agency – DTDA
Office for East Africa, Arusha, Tanzania.
As a Programme Officer for DTDAs office in Arusha, you will partner with trade unions and trade union centres across East and Southern Africa to strengthen the decent work agenda and support a just and green transition of the labour market.
The Danish Trade Union Development Agency (DTDA) is a development organisation of the Danish trade union movement with offices in Tanzania, the Philippines, Togo, Latin America, MENA, and Denmark.
This job description applies to Programme Officers working in DTDA’s office for East Africa, based in Arusha, Tanzania.
The Programme Officer will provide advisory services to the DTDA partner organisations in East Africa and Malawi. The advisory services can range from programme implementation assistance to more specific professional advisory aimed at strengthening the partner organisations’ capacities and smooth implementation of the programmes.
Responsibilities and duties:
The tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide Technical assistance in implementing activities and ensuring coordination between programmes and partners.
- Make sure that partners implement and report on activities by following the programme and financial guidelines from DTDA.
- Perform and support surveys, research, and analysis of selected labour markets in East Africa.
- Write and edit reports.
- Strengthen partner organisations’ engagements and knowledge sharing with other stakeholders such as employers’ organisations and government institutions.
- Assist the Head of Office in developing new project activities and writing project documents, proposals, budgets, TORs, and contracts for external resource persons.
- Attend meetings with partner organisations and other stakeholders and write minutes hereof.
- Assist in ensuring coordination and logistics of relevant project activities, study trips, evaluations, missions, etc.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head of Office.
- Expect around five trips within Tanzania and five trips to other East African Countries per year.
- Trade unions: In-depth knowledge of East African labour markets is important. Experience working for or with trade unions is an added advantage.
- Project Coordinating: At least five years of experience coordinating donor- funded projects is essential – preferably with international government donors and the EU.
- Education: Minimum requirement is a relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
- Language: High proficiency in the English language, both verbal and written, is essential. Proficiency in Swahili and French is beneficial.
- IT: Professional-level user skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook.
- TVET (Technical and vocational education and training): Knowledge and project experience in the TVET sector is beneficial.
Method of ApplicationApplicants must prepare a detailed cover letter and send it with a CV to this email: [email protected].
The application deadline is 1 March 2023.
The first interviews will be in English over Skype.