Programme Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at SMZ
- Company: SMZ
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA BUILDING SUSTAINABLE ANTI-CORRUPTION ACTION PROGRAMME (ZANZIBAR COMPONENT)
The Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar has signed an agreement with the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland to work together in fighting corruption and serious organised crime through the implementation of the Building Sustainable Anti-Corruption Action in Tanzania Programme (BSAAT). BSAAT is co-financed by the European Union (EU), through the UK. To deliver this programme, a Programme Delivery Team will be created by the President’s Office- Constitution, Legal Affairs, Public Service and Good Governance (PO-CLAPSGG) to coordinate the implementation process involving multiple beneficiary institutions. The Team will be led by a Coordinator and staffed by two officers: a planning and Finance Officer and a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
The aims of the programme are aligned with the strategic objectives that are being implemented by the Zanzibar Anti-Corruption and Economic Crimes Authority (ZAECA) to combat corruption as well as the objectives of the Serious Organised Crime Project which the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar is implementing in collaboration with the UNDP to fight against serious organised crime. Hence, among those objectives are:
- Fight against serious organised crimes in Zanzibar including, human and drug trafficking and money laundering.
- Promote effective enforcement of anticorruption measures.
- Build the capacity of watchdogs and oversight institutions.
- Promote effective political leadership in the fight against corruption.
The Principal Secretary (PO-CLAPSGG) invites qualified Tanzanians to fill the under-mentioned vacant posts.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
JOB TITLE: Programme Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
REPORT TO: Programme Coordinator
DUTY STATION: Zanzibar
TERMS AND ENGAGEMENT: 15 Months Contract with the possibility of extension
JOB DESCRIPTION/ DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer is expected to work with programme beneficiaries to prepare appropriate M&E plans for all activities under the programme, and for the programme as a whole.
- He/she will be responsible for technical preparation of baselines, pre- and post-activity assessments, log-frames and associated data to inform the theory of change.
- He/she will be expected to pro-actively seek beneficiary feedback including directly from outside of the government where necessary.
- He/she will also work closely with M&E departments and officers in the beneficiary institutions, and make recommendations for enhancing their capacity through the programme.
- He/she will prepare information into an agreed format for regular performance reporting to both the President’s Office (PO-CLAPSGG) and Donor parties (FCDO).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- The successful applicant is expected to be a serving government employee with an MA/MSc degree and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- The position demands a strong set of monitoring and evaluation skills.
- The successful applicant will demonstrate experience in the following competencies:
- Survey design, data collection, and data analysis.
- Formal evaluation.
- Key Performance Indicator and results matrix design.
- Team-building and capacity-building.
- Experience working with international organisations and/or international donors is desirable, and the successful applicant will have excellent command of written and spoken English as well as Kiswahili.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The programme operations shall be run according to procedures described in the Operational Management Manual, guided by existing government standard operating procedures.
- The salary and additional allowance are negotiable. The incumbent is responsible for settling his or her personal tax affairs.
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with one recent passport-size photo, certified copies of academic certificates, transcripts, birth certificate and NIDA ID Card.
- Only short-listed candidates will be informed of a date for interview.
Method of ApplicationAll interested Candidates are required to send their applications to this email address [email protected]
For further information, please contact the Director of Planning. Policy and Research on 0777536255
Deadline for application: 11 December, 2023