This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
21 Jun 2023
Programme Manager, Standards and SPS Measures, JG6 at TradeMark Africa
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: TradeMark Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job title: Programme Manager, Standards and SPS Measures Line Manager: Director, Standards and SPS Measures
Grade: Programme Manager (JG6) Direct reports: None
Department: Trade Environment Location : Nairobi, Kenya
The job holder deputises the Director, Standards and SPS Measures, to ensure effective management of the Standards and SPS Programme. S/he demonstrates strong programme and project planning and management skills and has a track record of ensuring the integrity and successful delivery of a diverse portfolio of projects. S/he possesses programme management skills, and acts as the liaison point with TMA Country Programmes, and other TMA regional programmes.
Roles and responsibilities
• Provide high level technical support to the Director, Standards and SPS Measures, in implementing the core functions of the Standards and SPS programmes within TMA.
• Provide support to the Director in the determination of Technical Assistance needs (consultancies) to TMA Standards and SPS Programmes at the regional and national levels.
• Provide support to the Director in ensuring that country programme Standards and SPS interventions are aligned to national development objectives, while ensuring coherence with regional and international commitments.
• Develop and manage, on time and within budget, the annual business plans and budgets for the regional Standards and SPS programme.
• Track expenditure under the Standards and SPS to ensure it is in line with approved budget limits.
• Ensure that Standards and SPS projects monitoring and evaluation plans are updated in the TradeMark Integrated Resource Management System (TRIMS).
• Support country and regional teams to regularly prepare and update their Standards and SPS workplans, M&E plans, mobilization plans, progress reports, and end of project reports.
• Support Country and regional teams in the delivery of outputs for Standards and SPS-related projects in line with TMA’s Results Framework (RF) and Theory of Change.
• Participate actively in annual project reviews, mid-term and end of project evaluations.
• Explore new areas of engagement in the Standards and SPS thematic area that are in line with the TMA Strategic plan.
• Support the Director to maintain strong working relationships with external stakeholders and development partners.
• Maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders across all technical functions in line with the TMA Matrix Management guidelines.
Knowledge and Learning
• Participate in the development and implementation of strategies to enhance understanding of the role of the Standards and SPS interventions in trade facilitation among TMA staff.
• Actively contribute in show-casing TMA’s interventions in the Standards and SPS space nationally, regionally and internationally.
• Assist in the implementation of the Standards and SPS programme’s communication and visibility strategy under the overall TMA institutional communication channels.
• Implement good practice in Project Cycle Management (PCM) in all programme management aspects of procurement & contract management, outcome/output-based planning and reporting, financial management, and results-oriented monitoring, learning and evaluation on the TradeMark Integrated Resource Management System (TRIMS).
• Oversee sound risk management in all programme management aspects of the Standards and SPS programme. Ensure there are no incidences of fraud and corruption, and due diligence is implemented in all programming activities.
• Any other professional responsibilities as assigned by the line manager from time to time or as highlighted in the corporate level responsibilities.
Senior Director, Trade Environment
Director, Standards and SPS (D)
Programme Manager, Standards and SPS Measures (JG6)
Academic and professional qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, Food Science & Technology, Engineering, Veterinary Medicine, Health, or other Science field.
• Master’s degree in plant Protection, Food Safety & Quality, Animal Health, Nutrition, Public Health, Business Administration, Economics, Quality Infrastructure, or related science or social science field.
• Professional development courses in Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) and Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) Measure or Implementation of WTO TBT and SPS Agreements will be an added advantage.
• Undergraduate degree holders will have at least seven (7) years of relevant working experience (at least five (5) years of relevant working experience in working on Standards and Quality
Infrastructure, Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures, trade facilitation, regional integration, market access and related issues, with recognized technical expertise.
• Experience in programme coordination and planning
• Experience working in international organisations, particularly donor agencies
• Proven ability in preparing terms of reference, project documents and monitoring and evaluation plans.
• Strong analytical skills and understanding of effective results-oriented planning and evaluation.
• Ability to deliver results in a dynamic matrix management structure.
• Leadership, teamwork and communication skills.
• A good understanding of trade facilitation in the context of regional and multilateral trading arrangements.
The deadline for submitting the application is 7 July 2023.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th June, 2023.