Programme Director-Madrasa Zanzibar at Aga Khan Foundation
- Company: Aga Khan Foundation
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Programme Director provides technical and strategic leadership of MECP in Zanzibar and is responsible for upholding MECP’s mission and values across all MECP programmes, staff members, and communications. The Programme Director is responsible for effective management and leadership of MECP in Zanzibar. The Programme Director will lead on and be the custodian of MECP’s technical strategy and ensure all programmes are designed and delivered in a manner that enables MECP to achieve its strategic goals. The Programme Director will be responsible for quality assurance across all areas of the organisation including programme implementation, financial management, Human Resource management, and reporting
Strategic Leadership: In collaboration with the National Board, AKF, MECP staff, and diverse MECP partners and stakeholders, ensure MECP-Z’s technical programme strategy is evidence-based, meets the need of children and communities in Zanzibar, and is aligned to the broader Regional strategic framework:
Programme Quality: Coordinate processes and the team to ensure Programme Quality with all projects being delivered on time, on budget, and with quality. This will include, but not limited to.
Organisational Management and Growth: Ensure internal organisational and staff capacity development and lead, in collaboration with AKF, on developing new business development opportunities:
Partnerships and Representation: Ensure MECP develops and maintains high-quality relationships with diverse partners (including funding, government, and technical) and community members as well as represent MECP in national and international fora:
Internal and External communications: Ensure MECP is effectively communicating internally (including through AKF’s newly established ICT enabled communication platforms) and externally to maintain MECP’s organisational profile, technical influence, and to grow MECP’s image
Diversity, Inclusion, and safeguarding: Ensure MECP’s pluralistic values are demonstrated internally, externally, and all programming in respectful and inclusive of people from diverse backgrounds including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, religion, ethnicity, culture, gender, age, and disability. Committed to acting ethically and upholding safeguarding standards towards all staff, volunteers, and beneficiaries of the organisation.
- Minimum Master’s degree or equivalent in Development, Education, ECD or related field
- Minimum four years senior management experience
- Experience in management, leadership and mentoring staff with willingness to visit programmes in the field
- Experience developing relationships with government and development partners to generate income and influence policy and practice
- Excellent communication skills, able to make strong presentations and produce high quality written reports
- Experience of working across geographical, organisation boundaries, cultures & diverse stakeholders.
- Strategic Thinking and Communication
- Creativity and Innovation
- Influence and Negotiation
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th August, 2021.