Programme Associate at WFP
- Company: WFP
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
DUTY STATION (City, Country):
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) and Country Offices (COs), and report to a Head of Unit, Chief, or Procurement Officer.
Job holders at this level demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries and problems with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders have a level of expertise and knowledge to adapt and contribute to the development of systems and processes in order to continually improve the level of support provided. Job holders supervise, provide technical advice, coach and coordinate a team of support staff.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area. Having a Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, Agriculture economics, agribusiness, rural development, natural resources management of other related fields is an added advantage.
Knowledge & Skills:
Data analytical knowledge and skills on programme output and outcome data monitoring.
General knowledge of monitoring systems, processes, tools, and standards.
Compilation, analysis, and presentation of data using statistical and presentation software such as Excel, SPSS, and PowerPoint.
Experience in direct implementation or field monitoring of community or village-based projects.
Demonstrate to have problem solving skills.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Swahili languages.
To provide coordination, administrative services and research to support the efficient and effective procurement services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Oversee field level implementation of agriculture and market activities and analyze program activities to ensure desired results are being achieved efficiently.
2. Integrate community approaches, gender sensitivity and capacity building into all activities and ensure that there are strong linkages on gender transformation between program activities.
3. Participate in weekly meetings with programme staff to review progress, identify challenges, coordinate activities and update implementation plans.
4. Prepare monthly process monitoring plans; service entry sheets (SES), invoice tracking systems (ITS), track progress of monitoring visits.; analyze the process monitoring dashboard; escalate significant issues; agree on actions; and ensure actions are implemented.
5. Supervise Monitoring Assistants and develop their capacity.
6. Ensure strong cooperation and coordination with local government authorities and cooperating partners and other relevant partners in the programmes area.
7. Participate in district and regional forums, consultative and steering committee meetings to ensure WFP’s objectives, program design and activities are well understood, have visibility, and are integrated into local community development plans.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Tendering and Contracting Displays basic understanding of processes to support the contracting/tendering implementation at WFP by collecting necessary information.
Vendor Management Leverages basic understanding of business needs to define vendor requirements and selection criteria.
Commodity and Product/Service Intelligence Appropriately handles products/services based on an understanding of sources, technologies, properties, and public procurement principles/practices.
Systems & Reporting Demonstrates strong understanding of procurement systems, Corporate operating System and tools to conduct range of analyses and generate reports to drive decision making.
Ethics and Compliance Maintains accurate records of activities in line with compliance standards to increase ease of response to basic audit queries.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
At least 5 years’ experience in similar a position.
Has worked with technical teams (i.e., Agriculture, nutrition, food security analysis, etc.).
Has contributed to implementation of programmes in support to smallholder farmers
Has experience in dealing with horticultural crops
Has experience in applying sustainable farming systems and environmental conservation practices in agriculture.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only Tanzanian nationals should apply for this position.
Only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
The deadline for submitting the application is 13 July 2023.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 13th July, 2023.