Programme Assistant at Norwegian Church Aid
- Company: Norwegian Church Aid
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position : Programme Assistant
Job Location : Pemba
Reporting to : Programme Manager
Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is a diaconal organization mandated by churches and Christian organizations in Norway to work with people around the world to eradicate poverty and injustice. In Tanzania, NCA works mainly with Faith Based Organization to uphold human dignity, promote human rights, and accompany poor and marginalized communities in their struggles for economic and social justice. NCA implements programs that are aligned with NCA global strategy, people’s needs in Tanzania and the Government of Tanzania’s development policies. NCA’s focus areas include, strengthening interfaith civil society and building social cohesion, Climate Smart economic empowerment to improve agricultural production in a changing climate and increasing market access and promoting gender justice. NCA is Core Humanitarian Standard certified.
NCA is seeking a committed, innovative, and result-oriented program assistant to work on the project, Leveraging Faith for Youth and Women Economic Empowerment in Pemba, for one year.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementation and follow up the day-to-day project activities.
- Responsible for follow up and support of the projects established by youth and women groups to ensure continuous learning and effective project management
- Able to resourcefully improve planning and implementation of the project in the community.
- Prepare and compile activity reports for submission to supervisor.
- Organize trainings to build the capacity of the local community as per project plan.
- Contribute to cross-programme integration, learning and sharing between economic empowerment and peace building program components.
- Engagement with local leaders and relevant government departments and authorities
- Manage and maintain good working relations with other stakeholders in the community
Minimum Job Qualification, Experience and Other Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in Community development, Social welfare, education and Social Sciences from a recognized learning institution.
- At least three years relevant experience with community development project.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate learning processes.
- Ability to use MS Office.
- The ability to learn fast and adapt to change easily.
- Ability to deliver results under timely and under minimum supervision.
- Being a positive and good team player, open and flexible to the changing environment.
- Energetic and enterprising
- Team player with good collaboration skills
- Good people skills, including relationship building with community and various stakeholders.
- Ability to train and build capacity
NCA standard compensation package will apply to the successful candidate.
Expected start Date
Method of ApplicationPlease submit your application to the address [email protected]. Only electronic applications are considered. In the subject line of your email, please clearly state the position you apply for.
The application should consist of a brief motivation letter and CV, compiled into one document of maximum 4 pages. The document name should start with your names and include the position you apply for. E.g., <Subira Alex – Programme Assistants> Certificates are not of interest at this stage but should be brought to 2nd round of interviews. Applications failing to meet these requirements or sent to other email addresses will not be considered. First and second rounds of interview will take place in November 2022. If you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful. Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) reserves the right not to make an appointment/contact.
Application deadline is Monday, 24th October 2022.