Programme Assistant at International Organization for Migration
- Company: International Organization for Migration
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Position title Programme Assistant (1 Position)
Position grade G4
Duty station Dar es Salaam, United Republic of Tanzania
Type of Appointment & Durations 6 Months with possibility of extension
Job family Programme
Organizational unit Programme Coordination Unit
Reports directly to Programme Coordinator
Overall supervised by Chief of Mission
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator (Head of Programme Coordination Unit), and the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the Programme Assistant will assist with all activities within the IOM Tanzania Programme Coordination Unit (PCU).
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Provide administrative and logistical support to all PCU projects activities, particularly in the areas of counter-trafficking in persons and border management.
2. Prepare Purchase Requisitions and Request for Payments for project activities, as requested, and submit them to the Programme Manager and then Resource Management for processing.
3. Assist with the drafting of thematic information sheets and Press Briefing Notes for the IOM Tanzania website and social media page as well as for media briefing.
4. Assisting in the implementation of project activities in the field, including by assisting in executing the project implementation plan. This would also include liaising with Procurement colleagues in order to assist with communicating the project’s procurement needs.
5. Draft clear and concise official letters, minutes and activity reports in English and compile, summarize, and present information/ data on specific project related topics, for example for Facebook, Twitter, and other external publications.
6. Participate in relevant forums and meetings – including those pertaining to ONE UN coordination – as needed.
7. Carry out duty travel as may be assigned.
8. Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
IV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Degree/Certificate in Law, Political Social Science, Migration Studies with the minimum of four years of working experience; or
• Bachelor’s degree with two years of working experience in Law, Political Social Science, Migration Studies, or other related fields.
• Experience in project implementation with International NGOs and/or
International Organizations in the United Republic of Tanzania required.
• Familiarity with counter-trafficking in persons and border management is advantageous.
• Familiarity with United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime, and its Protocols, is considered advantageous.
• Familiarity with the Anti-Trafficking Act (2008) of Tanzania is considered advantageous.
• Experience in liaising with representatives of the government of the United Republic of Tanzania, particularly the Anti-Trafficking Secretariat and the Immigration Services Department is considered advantageous.
• In-depth knowledge of the broad range of migration-related subject areas dealt with by the Organization.
• Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
• Proficient in computer software: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Words, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer).
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Self-starter who can work independently under pressure.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and eye for detail.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Assessment and secondary data research analysis skills.
• Analytical, creative, and critical thinking.
(Specify the required knowledge)
Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required Working knowledge of French, Spanish, Portuguese is desirable.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a serviceoriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
1ST LEVEL SUPERVISOR DATE
2ND LEVEL SUPERVISOR DATE
Qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for UN vacancies and are protected from discrimination during all stages of employment.
Females with qualifications are encouraged to apply.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to email address: [email protected]
The vacancy is open for internal and external candidates Tanzanian national only.
Only e-mail applications will be considered.
Competencies and respective levels should be drawn from the Competency Framework of the Organization.
PH Form (Word)
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 April 2022.