This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
13 Apr 2022
Programme Analyst (IPSA8) at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNCDF makes public and private finance work for the poor in the world’s 47 least developed countries. With its capital mandate and instruments, UNCDF offers “last mile” finance models that unlock public and private resources, especially at the domestic level, to reduce poverty and support local economic development. UNCDF’s financing models work through two channels: financial inclusion that expands the opportunities for individuals, households, and small businesses to participate in the local economy, providing them with the tools they need to climb out of poverty and manage their financial lives; and by showing how localized investments through fiscal decentralization, innovative municipal finance, and structured project finance can drive public and private funding that underpins local economic expansion and sustainable development. By strengthening how finance works for poor people at the household, small enterprise, and local infrastructure levels, UNCDF contributes to SDG 1 on eradicating poverty and SDG 17 on the means of implementation. By identifying those market segments where innovative financing models can have transformational impact in helping to reach the last mile and address exclusion and inequalities of access, UNCDF contributes to a number of different SDGs.
The UNCDF strategy ‘Leaving no one behind in the digital era’ is based on more than a decade of experience in digital financial inclusion in Africa, Asia, and the Pacific. UNCDF’s vision is to empower millions by 2024 to use services daily that leverage innovation and technology and contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). To achieve this vision, UNCDF uses a market development approach and continuously seeks to address underlying market dysfunctions.
In this regard, UNCDF Tanzania seeks a programme analyst, who has demonstrable experience in project coordination to support the implementation and monitoring of ongoing projects and the development of new initiatives in line with the Inclusive Digital Economies strategy, specifically, projects focused on access to finance as well as innovation and digital transformation in East Africa.
The Programme Analyst will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, reporting to UNCDF Tanzania’s Country Lead for Inclusive Digital Economies, with occasional travel to project sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
UNCDF is currently implementing initiatives in 1) Kigoma under the UN Kigoma Joint Project, focusing on strengthening farmer groups and digitizing value chains to improve agricultural livelihoods (with a focus on women and youth), 2) supporting the capacity building of mid-sized financial institutions to better equip them to participate in the national switch and 3) supporting the development of the fintech sector and innovation ecosystem in Tanzania. In 2022, UNCDF Tanzania will be embarking on additional initiatives leveraging its investment mandate to support start-ups and MSMEs in the larger effort to build and scale innovation in Tanzania.
Identify and analyse impactful start-ups and MSME ventures, and support the investment team, with the intention to generate a measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return
- Support the process of making direct investments into early-stage entrepreneurs, aligned with investment partner objectives;
- Draft Requests for Applications (RFA), Project Design (PD), Project Workbook (PWB), Investment Performance-Based Agreements (PBA) and other due diligence documentation to inform investment decisions;
- Support the grant, procurement process working closely with the operations and finance departments in according with UNCDF’s operation procedures;
- Support project management work: behind-the-scenes infrastructure building and detail-oriented work that goes into managing investments;
- Support processes for managing the lifecycle of investments, from identifying entrepreneurs to ongoing portfolio management;
- Partnership development & strategy: support activities related to partnership development in in line with project objectives;
- Contribute to on-going reporting to partners/donors by communicating with project partners, organizing regular partner meetings, monitoring, and verifying financial and impact performance, and drafting written material for regular updates.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop and implement monitoring & evaluation plans for all projects. This should include the definition of performance indicators, establishment of baselines and evaluation methodologies, as well as the development of gender sensitive indicators;
- Ensure that performance indicators and targets remain relevant and align with original project design intent and workplan;
- Analyze and prepare evidence-based monitoring reports during and upon the completion of project;
- Collect, validate, and aggregate partner quarterly reports;
- Undertake regular monitoring visits to the project sites independently or with the project manager and the project team;
- Design and conduct surveys for regular monitoring;
- Review, maintain and monitor the project risk register on a regular basis and flag any high risks that may have a potential negative impact on the project to the project manager;
- Propose possibilities for further impact monitoring and research;
- Produce regular reports summarizing project progress and analysis of data for donors, for the UN (UN Info system), for regional and UNCDF HQ needs.
Communication and Knowledge Management
- Communicate with and ensure coordinated delivery of activities with all project team members;
- Interact and follow-up with the project manager and the project teams to solicit case studies, lessons learned, success stories, and best practices derived from project monitoring;
- Lead the drafting and sharing of insights and lessons learned for internal and external communication products;
- Collaborate with regional and HQ communications team members to generate material for social media communications;
- Build website/designing graphics as requested;
- Organize events/workshops/meeting as requested.
Supports programme financial resource management focusing on the following results and work products
- Tracking of and reporting on mobilized resources;
- Reviewing of contribution agreements, managing, and monitoring contributions in ATLAS;
- Supporting as needed in the projects’ audit and controlling and assisting in the follow up;
- Provides technical assistance to technical staff and recipient organizations to ensure that financial and technical reports are prepared and submitted as required;
- Research critical and technical information on relevant subjects;
- Research linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration/synergy.
Other technical support
- Creating and implementing data management collection techniques;
- Identifying program needs based on data collected and analyzed;
- Participating in strategic planning meetings;
- Ensuring that all changes in programs and outcomes are well documented;
- Performing data validation and implementing quality control measures to ensure the continued success of programs;
- Assisting with grants and event coordination.
- The Programme Analyst will join the IDE Tanzania team, collaborate with the broader UNCDF team as needed, and report to the UNCDF Country Lead, Tanzania (P4).
- Achieve Results: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline;
- Think Innovatively: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements;
- Learn Continuously: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback;
- Adapt with Agility: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible;
- Act with Determination: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident;
- Engage and Partner: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships;
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
- External Relations and Advocacy: Face up to organizational and people problems;
- Human centered design: See the positive in people, situations, and events;
- Communication: Create and communicate a compelling vision and purpose;
- Learning and Development: Promote honestly, openness, trust and psychological safety and create opportunities to innovate and learn;
- Knowledge Facilitation: Ensure regular conversations with people about work;
- Leadership development: Encourages debate and discussion, creating a culture where people are comfortable to challenge senior leaders and feel listened to.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in international development, international relations, public/business administration, social sciences, communications, or related discipline is required.
- Bachelor’s degree with additional qualifying years of experience will be considered in lieu of the advanced degree.
- Minimum 2 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience working in international development and/or financial inclusion and/or emerging market innovation;
- Demonstrated experience working with implementing partners in East Africa;
- Experience in implementing of monitoring & evaluation activities;
- Knowledge in financial inclusion, digital financial services and supporting technology start-ups;
- Strong analytical, reporting and writing skill e.g., writing briefs/blogs on findings from field;
- Experience in social media management and website design;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Familiarity with UN operational and grant-making procedures is an asset;
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English is required.
- Knowledge of one official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is desirable.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th April, 2022.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE