Program Support Specialist at Compassion
- Company: Compassion
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The role of Program Health Support Specialist will provide subject matter expertise regarding the health of all program beneficiaries (pregnancy through youth). This role will collaborate with other Support Specialists, Program Trainers and Partnership Facilitators to ensure staff and Frontline Church Partners (FCP) are adequately informed and equipped to ensure preventative and curative care for all beneficiaries.Responsibilities
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ’s mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances.
- Serve as a SME to country leadership in developing country health strategies.
- Interpret and contextualize the global physical and mental development outcomes and indicators for Compassion Holistic Child and Youth Development program.
- Maintain subject matter expertise on healthy physical and mental development theory, and practice; and support in mobilizing health related resources.
- This role will also review & analyze relevant program data to identify areas of concern, health trends and will work with the Church Facing Teams to support FCP to identify intervention and local and Compassion resources to address needs.
- Supports overall holistic child development and provides ongoing subject matter expertise in individual areas of specialization. Aids partnership facilitators and cross-functional staff and managers by providing coaching and knowledge within area of specialty. Supports child development community learning and improvement among staff and other stakeholders.
- Regularly assesses changing need for and ability to deliver programming within area of expertise. Consolidates national and local data to identify common gaps and patterns. May develop strategy; maintains and supports the implementation of strategy within area of expertise. Provides advice in support of other strategy development with the national office as needed.
- Provides skilled program design support to other staff. Supports the ongoing development and implementation of local program design in alignment with the global objectives. May provide expertise to other national office professionals, support staff and FCP staff/volunteers to ensure that Frontline Church Partners are adequately informed and equipped to provide holistic development to caregivers, children and youth.
- May facilitate the identification of resource components (internal and external) for specific child development strategies and plans in support of partnership facilitator efforts with FCPs. May provide information to management and other decision-makers regarding allocation of appropriate resources. May provide input to and/or develop Interventions for funding within area of expertise.
- Designs, implements, and monitors specific holistic child development strategies and interventions. Serves partnership facilitators by providing capacity-building and child/youth/caregiver engagement activities in area of expertise. May contextualize portions of curriculum relevant to their expertise or other resources for child and youth development. Works with partnership facilitators by ensuring intervention records, reports, and other documentation are accurate, complete and delivered to appropriate stakeholders.
- Reviews data, reports and utilizes findings to support management and key stakeholders in improving program initiatives, interventions and child outcomes.
- May provide expertise to other program support staff in the national office.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
Skills & Competencies
- An understanding of the national health care system
- An understanding of the health and developmental milestones
- Ability to review/analyze health data, reach conclusions and provide clear decisions/recommendations on health strategies.
- Ability to think programmatically and make appropriate recommendations/decisions on a national health strategy.
- Ability to effectively train non-medical personnel in basic health topics and assist lay leadership adapt best practices to the local context.
- Ability to collaborate well both internally & externally.
- Ability to network and build partnerships with other ministries & organizations for resource mobilization.
- Ability to represent Compassion on a professional level.
- Ability to communicate (verbal & written) in a clear and effective manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health (Nursing or medicine), Higher Public Health degree will be an added advantage
- 2 to 3 years Experience working in this or similar position or field.
*Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown aboveWorking EnvironmentOffice – Standard Office EnvironmentPhysical DemandsSitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per dayTravel RequirementsMay be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th May, 2021.