Program Specialist (School & Community Inclusive Education Specialist) at RTI
- Company: RTI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
“RTI International is the prime implementor of the USAID Jifunze Uelewe activity focused on sustainably improving literacy and numeracy outcomes of “all learners” from pre-primary through Standard 4 in five regions of Tanzania. For the purpose of this program, “all learners” includes, but is not limited to, marginalized and vulnerable girls and boys, learners with disabilities, minority and linguistic minority groups, urban and rural learners, learners affected by crisis or conflict, and those living in poverty. “
SCHOOL AND COMMUNITY INCLUSIVE EDUCATION SPECIALIST
Position Location: Mtwara, Iringa, Ruvuma
The School and Community Inclusive Education Specialist is responsible at the regional level for building the capacity of GoT counterparts to plan and implement inclusion and community engagement activities.
- Regional Lead for Outcome 3: Increased community support for safe and inclusive learning environments (in and outside of the school)
- Coordinate with the Teaching and Learning Specialist (TLS) to build the capacity of Regional and Local Government Authority (LGA) staff to support classroom-based inclusion activities – including training, teacher-support and materials.
- Where appropriate support eKitabu with respect to special needs schools
- Build the capacity of Regional and LGA staff to develop sustainable strategies for school-based screening for children with mild to moderate disabilities and associated referral services
- Build the capacity of Regional and LGA staff to develop sustainable strategies for Parent Teacher Partnership (PTP) support for safe and inclusive schools.
- Build the capacity of Regional and LGA staff to develop sustainable strategies for community support for safe and inclusive schools, with Parent Teacher Partnership (PTP) action plans incorporating welcoming school concepts.
- In collaboration with the TLS and with Regional and LGA offices, facilitate Ubongo delivery of reading content to communities.
- In collaboration with the TLS and MEL officer build the capacity of Regional and LGA staff in documenting and communicating program success, lessons learnt and best practices.
- In collaboration with the TLS, MEL officer, and the Regional and LGA education offices, participate in collecting and sharing learning data to inform the program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, social work or related field with 10 years of experience in inclusive education and/or community engagement. Or Master’s Degree with 6 years’ experience.
- Experience in coordination and facilitation roles of large donor-funded grants and/or contracts (such as bilateral or multilateral donors).
- Experience working to create an inclusive learning environment through special needs teaching, inclusive education, and/or providing community mobilization direction and capacity building for improved educational outcomes.
- Experience in early grade reading, writing, and arithmetic programs preferred.
- Computer skills and mastery of Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and Excel
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili languages.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th May, 2021.