Program Specialist 3 (Teaching & Learning Specialist) at RTI
- Company: RTI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
RTI International is the prime implementor of the USAID Jifunze Uelewe Program. The 4 year program will assist the Ministry of Education focusing on sustainably improving literacy and numeracy outcomes of “all learners” from pre-primary through Standard 4 in five regions of Tanzania. For the purpose of this program, “all learners” includes, but is not limited to, marginalized and vulnerable girls and boys, learners with disabilities, minority and linguistic minority groups, urban and rural learners, learners affected by crisis or conflict, and those living in poverty.
PROGRAM SPECIALIST (TEACHING & LEARNING SPECIALIST)
This position is responsible at the regional level for building the capacity of GoT counterparts to plan and manage teacher education and support – extending content to include pre-primary, social emotional learning, and inclusive education in addition to literacy and numeracy. The TLS is also responsible for supporting Ubongo to promote reading skills practice outside of school. TLS will oversee coordination of the regional team with the Regional Secretariat and local government offices and lead the coordination of the regional team in planning, operations, and activity implementation
Position Location: Iringa, Morogoro, Mtwara, Zanzibar, Ruvuma
- Regional Lead for Outcome 1: Improved literacy, numeracy, and social-emotional instruction by teachers
- Build the capacity of Regional Secretariat (RS) and Local Government Authorities (LGAs) to plan and implement the delivery of three face-to-face teacher training activities, Communities of Learning, coaching and virtual content support for continuous professional development.
- Coordinate with Teacher Training colleges to facilitate training at regional and LGA levels.
- Support Regional and LGA Education offices to extend formative assessment and implement summative assessments to be included in the School Information System (SIS).
- Support Regional and LGA Education offices in rolling out pre-primary training.
- Support Regional and LGA Education offices in rolling out social emotional training.
- In collaboration with the Literacy and Numeracy Lead support Viamo to develop virtual recording content.
- In collaboration with the MEL officer, Regional and LGA Education offices, participate in collecting and sharing learning data to inform the program.
- In collaboration with the MEL officer support Regional and LGA Education offices to monitor the implementation of Viamo virtual CPD content.
- In collaboration with the Community and School Inclusive Education officer and with Regional and LGA Education offices, facilitate Ubongo delivery of reading content to communities.
- Communicate successes, lessons learnt, program best practice and evidence of impact.
- Ensure a gender-positive and quality-oriented perspective is mainstreamed and gender sensitive language is used in all program communications.
- More generally: provide administrative and logistics support to the implementation of regional activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education with 10 years of relevant experience. Or Master’s Degree with 6 years’ experience
- Relevant experience in development, including education reform, teacher training, coaching and mentoring, literacy and research.
- Experience and proven ability to build and maintain relationships with government counterparts and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of communication tools used for development.
- Proven ability to work across geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English and Kiswahili
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th May, 2021.