Program Officer x2 at Afya Plus
- Company: Afya Plus
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Afya Plus is a local Non-Governmental Organization registered in Tanzania under the NGOs Act No.24 of 2002, to contribute towards building of high quality and equitable health systems, delivery of people’s centered health services through evidence-based interventions, and ultimately have a community with better access to quality-integrated health services. We envision a community with equitable access to quality health services through working in partnership with the Government of Tanzania, local communities, and other key stakeholders. We foster data-driven programming, technical excellence, operational efficiency, and collaborative learning and adaptation for greater impact of our interventions that translate into bringing the balance of the health ecosystem. Afya Plus is currently supporting implementation of HIV and COVID-19 prevention interventions, RMNCAH/FP, Gender transformation programs, and Community-led monitoring activities across supported regions in Tanzania in collaboration with the Government of Tanzania, U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through USAID and CDC, local communities, and other key stakeholders.
Afya Plus is soliciting applications from excellent candidates to fill two (2) Program Officer positions based in Shinyanga, Tanzania.
Summary of Role:
The Program Officer will be responsible to support all technical issues related to Afya Plus programs at regional and council levels per National, PEPFAR and WHO standards while achieving the set of key program goals and deliverables. He/she will also be responsible for providing technical support on diverse programmatic aspect, performance monitoring, reporting and documentation at regional and council levels on implementation and scale up of high-quality interventions. The Program Officers will build and sustain strong partnerships with the respective regional and, council administrations with adequate engagement of local structures and other key stakeholders for programs continuity. The applicant will work under the direct supervision of the Regional Afya Plus Coordinator.
- Medical Degree or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Social Science, Nutrition or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a range of health programs including HIV/AIDS, RMNCAH/FP, Gender transformation, and/or nutrition programs is required.
- Multi-skilled with strong coordination, planning and writing skills, and demonstrable experience accomplishing planned tasks in a prioritized timely manner.
- Strong track record of coordinating, facilitating, and evaluating health programs will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of PEPFAR funded programs would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse stakeholders independently while being a member of a team.
- Good orientation of the National Health Reporting system with better grasp of recording and reporting tools.
- Experience of working with Regional and Council health officials, local structures and communities will be desired.
Method of ApplicationApplication letter with detailed CV, indicating daytime contact telephone numbers and email address, as well as names and contact information of three referees should be submitted to the following email address: [email protected] indicating the job you are applying for in the Subject line.
The closing date for receiving applications is October 07th, 2022 at 5:00 pm (East African Time). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Afya Plus seeks to fill these two positions with right candidates as soon as possible. Successful candidates will be required to report immediately after receiving an employment offer.
Afya Plus is an equal opportunity organization, and women are highly encouraged to apply