Program Officer-Gender, Youths and Community Engagement at Pathfinder International
- Company: Pathfinder International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
In collaboration with R/CHMT’s and MERL team, She/he will design, develop, and disseminate (FP/MNCH/RH/Biodiversity conservation) tools and IEC materials with focus on gender and youths. She/he will provide supports and collaboration to the government officials, project stakeholders and other implementing partners (TNC, Consortium partners and others). Furthermore, represents the program in all FP/MNCH/SRHR/Biodiversity conservation related trainings, workshops, and technical working groups avenues. Furthermore, She/he will support the link between the communities and health facilities in the implementation of community-based activities including FP/MNCH and Biodiversity conservation outreach services.
She/he will work on a full-time basis, reporting to the Senior Portfolio Technical Advisor – PHE Programs, and be based in Kigoma with travel throughout the TKH landscape.
- Will provide technical support and supervision of community based interventions, including supervision of CHWs.
- Will foster integration with NRM/biodiversity conservation at household level
- Work closely with Community Health Workers (CHWs) / to provide voluntary (FP/MNCH/RH) information, services and referrals to women and men.
- Work with CHWs to provide (FP/MNCH/RH/Biodiversity conservation) through community groups such as farmer groups, Community Conservation microfinance groups (CCMGs), and others.
- In collaboration with healthcare workers and village governments to organize community-based outreach activities to deliver integrated SRH services, including FP and MNCH
Program implementation and capacity development
- Will support gender mainstreaming across all program activities
- Ensuring accurate documentation and reporting of (FP/MNCH/RH) services data into the government systems (DHIS2) and in project registers.
- Coordinate the work of CHWs and other community-based champions to enhance their performance in advancing voluntary (FP/MNCH/RH) information and services.
- Support the MERL project intervention including (FP/MNCH/RH/Biodiversity conservation) data collection, Model households/Bomas and CCMG’s assessments and facility data quality assessments (DQA).
- Assist the Senior technical advisor PHE programs on annual workplans and budgets development
Coordination & Partnerships
- Establish effective work relationship with other stakeholders, RHMTs and CHMTs partners on program activities.
- Work in collaboration with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, and management activities function smoothly and efficiently and in an integrated manner.
M & E reporting
- Assist in the development and delivery of reports related to the project’s activities.
- Submit a completed consolidated report to the Senior technical advisor PHE programs timely.
- Participate in the development and field test of community engagement and SBC approaches, materials and tools relying on innovative and responsive methodologies.
- Monitor the project implementation plans and progress of community engagement portfolio as per TKH project projections.
Compliance and Safeguarding Policy Implementation
- Work with Compliance Manager to implement compliance activities based on organizational, government and donors’ requirements including Family Planning and Environmental compliance.
- In collaboration with Compliance Manager and project team, will implement, monitor, and report child and safeguarding policy matters at your capacity.
Minimum Education and Job Experience
- An extensive experience and knowledge in coordinating CHW’s/Peer educators and Community Health Volunteers.
- Experienced in coordinating gender, youths’ engagement and demand creation approaches with R/CHMT’s, health facilities and community leaders.
- Experienced in working with conservation partners in conservation hotspot areas.
- Experienced in working in performance management, strategic decision-making, and project learning.
- Experienced in building coaching and mentoring skills of CHW’s, facility health workers, staff, implementing partners, and government counterparts highly preferred.
- Experienced in working with community microfinance groups, Village Land Use Management (VLUM), Forest Monitors(FMs), and Natural Resource Management (NRM) groups
Minimum Required Job Specific Competencies
- Country Specific Public Health System: Advanced knowledge of the countries’ public health systems and SRHR/RMNACH programs.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Advanced knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices, and services of programs, including program strategies and indicators, and the latest professional developments in SRHR and SSCB. Advanced skills in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating development and intervention activities funded by different donor organizations working in the health sector.
- Proposal Development: Advanced skills in proposal development from concept to full proposal, resource mobilization, and proven ability to raise substantial research/development funds.
- Leadership: Advanced skills as a leader in health and health service delivery strengthening in developing countries and proven ability in developing strategic plans.
- Program and Project Planning and Management: Advanced skills in program and project management and planning to fulfill performance objectives, including the timely implementation and reporting of donor-funded program activities.
- Operations and Financial Management: Advanced knowledge of operations and project financial oversight Presentation Skills: Ability to make presentations on results and products to small and large groups.
- Community Relations: Advanced skills in facilitating working relationships between partners, government officials, and communities
Minimum Required Organizational Competencies
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Languages: Proven writing and speaking skills using Kiswahili and English language.
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to thrive in a matrix organization, ability to be details-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work related matters.
- Flexibility to travel, when necessary, to support field operations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, open-structure, multicultural environment and effectively handle competing time and resource demands for self and others.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th September, 2023.