Program Officer Family Planning/Reproductive Health at EngenderHealth
- Company: EngenderHealth
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Requisition Name Program Officer Family Planning/Reproductive Health
Requisition No VN344
Salary Range 42,000,000-45,600,000 Tanzania Shilling
Employment Type Regular Full Time
Country Location Tanzania
EngenderHealth envisions a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. We believe this is essential for ensuring all people can achieve their full potentials. To achieve this vision, we implement high-quality, gender-equitable programs that advance sexual and reproductive health and rights.
USAID Afya Yangu Program is a five years award that builds on successes and lessons from the USAID Boresha Afya Yangu Project HIV/TB North and Central experience. Its goal is to strengthen the integration of health services especially for women and youth, with a focus on HIV/AIDS, TB and FP services, and linkages between health facilities and the community. This award covers geographical areas with highest disease burden across the following regions: Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Manyara, Dodoma and Singida. EngenderHealth is the lead gender and FP/RH partner as a sub –recipient to EGPAF.
The FP/RH Program Officer, will be based in either of the zonal project offices and they will report to the Senior Technical Advisor FP/RH. They will technically support project activities contributing to increased access and improved quality of integrated FP/RH services in their designated regions. The FP/RH Program Officer will work with field teams to provide administrative and program support in the implementation of the supported programs in Tanzania. The overall responsibilities will include provision of assistance and support to integrated FP/RH services focusing in a variety of technical areas such as training, full and free informed choice, infection prevention, health promotion, service integration, operations research and clinical quality improvement including supportive supervision.
• Support programming initiatives to improve clinical services for integrated FP/RH at the regional/district levels.
• Participate in program development to improve the quality and safety of integrated FP/RH services.
• Support the development and implementation of quality improvement strategies with counterparts.
• Provide technical assistance to programs for improving infection prevention practices.
• Participate in planning, implementation and follow-up of clinical training activities.
• Participate in planning, implementation and monitoring of mobile and community outreaches
• Participate in planning and support implementation for integrated health promotions/campaigns as appropriate
• Collaborate with the field office team in assessing and appropriately responding to requests for support and in preparation of work plans
• Assist districts (CHMTs) and FP/RH Trainers to coordinate, plan and conduct trainings for TOTs and service providers (SPs). Monitor ongoing programs and recommend appropriate action to the manager and the HQ in support of these programs.
• Develop and maintain contacts with health and family planning professionals and governmental authorities, to identify reproductive health and family planning issues, and where necessary, participate in development of related services/interventions.
• In collaboration with the FP/RH trainers, and other district (CHMT) supervisors(as indicated), conduct post-training follow up and clinical monitoring and coaching site visits, review the programming and implementation of ongoing projects, prepare reports, make recommendations and conduct follow-up visits as directed.
• Build capacity to the CHMTs to conduct integrated supervision, clinical training and mentorships.
• Participate in CHMT and other technical meetings organized by CHMTS and other stakeholders at the district and regional levels as appropriate
• Assist with developing and writing technical and/or research papers that document the achievements of the projects work with clinical services.
• Participate in the introduction of new approaches for integration of services at facility and community levels as appropriate
• Assist with the annual work plan development and quarterly, annual and other program reporting to the prime partner.
• Must possess a medical degree (MD, MBBS), clinical degree or nursing/ midwifery or a university degree in a health related area.
• A minimum of three (3+) years of work experience providing FP/RH technical assistance to public and private institutions/organizations, including clinical training, and mentoring health care providers at multiple levels of the health care system is essential.
• At least 3 (3+) years of experience working with NGOs in planning, designing, budgeting, managing, supervising, evaluating and documenting integrated health programs is preferred.
• Experience working for international agencies and USAID-funded health programs is preferred.
• Experience in conducting clinical training in FP/RH including trainings on bilateral tubal occlusion/ligation, vasectomy, LARCs, counseling, service integration, infection prevention, PAC, YFS, supportive supervision and related focus areas.
• Knowledge in infection prevention, quality assurance and clinical research desirable.
• Demonstrated experience in the management and provision of reproductive health services at facility and community levels.
• Experience working in a matrix management environment.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS
• Committed to EngenderHealth’s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation.
• Demonstrated ability to work collegially with other technical staff, experts, and counterparts from the public, private, and NGO sectors.
• Ability to work under pressure and interact with diverse stakeholders.
• Exceptional interpersonal communication, teamwork skills.
PREFFERED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are a must.
• Fluency in Swahili and English language is required.
• Ability to travel approximately 30% of their time to supervise and support field activities.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th February, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE