Program Officer, Community Linkage x3 at AGPAHI
- Company: AGPAHI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Ariel Glaser Paediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI) is a non–governmental organisation that plays a pivotal role in complementing the Government of Tanzania’s efforts towards the attainment of its development goals. AGPAHI strives to provide quality and integrated HIV/AIDS health services to children and families. AGPAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPAHI is looking for motivated, result driven, qualified and competent candidates to fill the following positions:-
Job Title: Program Officer, Community Linkage (03)
Reports to: Cluster Lead
Duty station: Mara
Purpose of the job
The purpose of this job is to lead community initiatives that support effective referrals and follows up of clients between the health facilities and the surrounding communities to promote Care & Treatment, Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) and Family Planning. This position works closely with the Care & Treatment & PMTCT Program Officers as regard to provision of technical guidance to implementation and documentation of lessons learnt from the sites
- Facilitate networks and linkages with potential organisations that are involved in supporting people living with HIV/AIDS (PLHAs) through counselling, nutrition and income generating programs at the project sites to broaden channels through which AGPAHI can reach PLHAs;
- Work with the sites to strengthen linkages within the different departments and programs of the health facilities to enhance promotion of care and treatment;
- Identify potential partners that can qualify for funding support in activities of improving community linkages;
- Participate in development and transition of Information, Education and Communication materials for community support;
- Build capacity of lay counsellors in the project areas through training and mentorship to equip them with necessary counselling skills;
- Conduct routine site visits to provide technical support and improvement of performance in related program areas;
- Strengthen the capacity of partners and PHLAs support groups in improving community linkage activities;
- Provide technical support in best approaches for improving referrals and follow – up of clients in the community;
- Represent AGPAHI in different collaboration meetings between the government and other organisations that focus on strengthening continuum of care in the community to establish strategic networks;
- Share experiences of implementing community linkages with other AGPAHI Staffs and other partners for field success story publications;
- Monitor implementations of community linkage activities by the sub grantees in line with set work plan and requirements;
- Initiate regional meetings for HIV/AIDs program partners to increase networking in the project areas;
- Support field community linkage officers in planning and implementing their duties in accordance with set plans and objectives;
- Participate in preparation and planning for different AGPAHI meetings to discuss organisational activities.
- Compile and prepare quarterly programmatic report on community linkage activities to inform management and donor decision making.
- Degree in Social Sciences or Community Development from recognized University
- Knowledge in HIV/AIDS and the Tanzania Government structures
- Proven experience in working with rural communities in problem identification, setting solutions/planning and implementation.
- Minimum of (3) three years working experience in Community or Social work
- Excellent knowledge of national and World Health Organization and MOHSW guidelines on HIV care and treatment
- Computer literacy is necessary and the applicant should be comfortable working with the basic Microsoft packages (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter quoting the title of the position, a CV and the Names and contact information of three referees (at least two of which must be professional) before the closure of business on Friday 18, September 2020 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager by e-mail to [email protected]
Please quote the title of the position applied for in the e-mail subject line or on the application envelope.
AGPAHI is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.