Program Officer at SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
- Company: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant Positions.
Job Title: Program Officer
Duty station: Kilolo (1 Post)
Reporting to: Program Manager
- Prepare weekly and monthly plans as per approved annual activity and budget plans
- Participate in preparation of annual activity and financial plans
- Support the families and communities in the assessment of root causes leading to adolescent challenges in communities through use of appropriate participatory tools.
- Support the development of an appropriate action plans to meet the needs of each household and adolescent girls participating in the program.
- Facilitate the identification of opportunities and mobilization of local resources appropriate for target groups.
- Take lead on preparation of individual family development plans.
- Facilitate the preparation of community development plans that promote men engagement, women participation and child protection.
- Support the Program Manager in the consolidation of Family Development Plans and preparation of budgets relevant to the attainment of program’s goal.
- Facilitate the planning by ensuring gender balance in decision-making and in all program processes.
- Facilitate, timely implementation of activities from the approved annual plans and budgets
- Facilitate target group to have access to essential services required to fulfill their basic needs and rights
- Ensure engagement of range of stakeholders in executing and accomplishment of plans and activities
- Facilitate stakeholder analysis within and beyond the program, maintaining and updating stakeholders’ profiles.
- Collaborate with community development structures, other NGOs and government departments for effective service delivery to program participants.
- Support functional sustainability of community based networks on adolescents’ girls, mothers and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and other relevant development initiatives.
- Represent the program in gender, adolescent and child related forums.
- Identifying and linking target group to a range of opportunities for adolescent girls and mothers
- Facilitate participatory monitoring and evaluation of the program interventions.
- Facilitate regular data collection through appropriate monitoring tools on program interventions.
- Ensure program data base and statistics are updated regularly.
- Facilitate the regular counting of key program participants.
- Organize and facilitate regular project reviews with Community Family Development Planning Facilitators and other service providers.
- Carry out regular home visits to families on the program and write home visit reports.
- Carry out regular visits to CBOs if any, family support groups and other partners in the respective community for timely and relevant program support.
- Develop monthly good practice and success stories from outputs and outcomes of the project
- Facilitate sharing of best practice amongst family groups.
- Prepare and submit timely progress reports (weekly updates, monthly reports and quarterly reports) to the Program Manager on program interventions.
- Prepare and submit progress reports to the Program Manager for compilation to donor reporting
- Document family, child and adolescent success stories on program interventions.
- Ensuring that relevant community development structures have documented program processes.
- Ensuring that the database and files of target group on the program are timely and regularly maintained and updated
- Facilitate the preparations of the Development Plans with respective target group.
- Ensure all services, items and other support provided to target group and stakeholders are recorded and stored
- Ensure the financial resources are spent as intended
- Submission of signed distribution list to Finance on all program items received by participants in the community.
- Adherence to internal controls as outlined in the Finance manual, and other related documents.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- Degree in Public Health, Youth Development, Gender, Community Development, Social Work, Sociology, social science, or related fields with specialized knowledge in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights, gender, adolescent and youth development projects
- At least 3 years of working experience in relevant field, including sexual and reproductive health and rights, gender and young mothers and adolescent programming
- Well informed and experienced on donor funded projects with abundant skills in result based reporting and ; good basic knowledge of donor compliance
- Languages: Fluency in Chinese and English is required.
- Other Desirable Skills: Proficiency in current office software applications such Microsoft work. Excel, PowerPoint, graphics
- Positive attitude is necessary.
- Results-oriented, self-discipline and team spirit, and happy, able and experienced to work for and with young people
- Ability to drive motor cycle to ensure execution of activities, field visit and regular follow-ups of project activities.
Method of ApplicationTo apply for this position, send your application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees.
Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo. To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
The deadline for submitting the application is 12 January, 2021