Program Officer at RTI International
- Company: RTI International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: Program Officer
Act to End Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) | East is a five-year project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) that helps national NTD control programs for the control and elimination of five targeted NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, soil-transmitted helminths, and trachoma. RTI seeks a Program Officer who will provide programmatic support to Act East partners, sub grantees and district local governments during planning, implementation, and monitoring of Act to End NTDs I East program activities. The Program Officer will work closely with the Program Manager, the Senior MERLA Specialist, the Procurement & Logistics Officer, and the Sr. Finance & Grants Manager to support effective implementation of Act | East contributions to the national NTD program.
- Under the direction of the Program Manager (PM), the Program Officer will supervise and monitor Act | East field activities and will:
- Assist the PM in monitoring of Act | East activities by attending meetings as required with Act | East counterparts and visiting project sites for reporting on progress measured against expected results noted in the Tanzania Act | East annual work plan.
- Contribute to the development of technical activities based on the strategic directions of the program primarily focusing on sub-grantees and district local governments.
- Participate in program and activity planning and implementation.
- Work with the MERLA Officer to develop the Act | East/Tanzania M&E plan and coordinate its implementation among sub-grantees and district local governments
- Coordinate with district health offices in Act | East supported districts to ensure timely implementation of planned activities.
- Provide written reports of program field activities at the direction of the PM
- Contribute to the annual work plan and semi-annual reports, at the direction of the PM
- Prepare presentations and graphic material for Act | East, work plans, and other documents
- Assist in the preparation of Act | East field briefs and other summary materials
- Contribute to the capture and dissemination of information on project activities, outcomes, best practices, and lessons learned including success stories and articles for publication on the Act | East website and in other fora
Management and Administrative Tasks
- Assist the PM and Sr. Finance & Grants Manager with budgeting for field programmatic activities
- Maintain project files for technical deliverables especially those from field activities/grantees
- Maintain project activities calendar and monitor completion of field activities
- Provide information to PM and Sr. Finance & Grants Manager on financial forecasts for field activities and recommend request for payment.
Prepare list of supplies and equipment required for field activities with guidance from PM and work closely with the Procurement and Logistics Officer to ensure procurement is effected timely
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in public health, social sciences and at least 3 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of program management experience. Degree in Entomology is an added advantage.
Skills & Abilities
- Skills and abilities required to perform the essential job duties of this job are listed below. An addendum that clarifies additional skills and abilities for incumbents in this job may be used in addition to this description
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of community-based programs.
- Demonstrated experience in managing M&E activities.
- Extensive field experience in targeted districts and solid understanding of the realities and complexities of working in hard-to-reach villages with marginalized and disadvantaged groups.
- Program and Administrative experience, preferably for an organization implementing international programs in developing country settings.
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, and be proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office, including Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- Candidate with working experience with USAID funded program or RTI Projects will be preferred.
- Willingness to travel within Tanzania up to 50%
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time; operating a computer and other office machinery; thinking, learning, and concentrating effectively and frequently communicating with other people, both within RTI and outside of RTI; frequently moving about inside and travel between offices and laboratories; frequently conducting laboratory site inspections (if applicable), ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines, ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week as workload and deadlines may require, ability to have regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
As a global employer of choice, RTI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging in the workplace and the communities and markets where we serve our mission. We value diversity of thought, culture, background and perspective and welcome applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, creed, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws or RTI policy.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
Ethics Notice: No one at RTI may ever demand payment for anything of value in exchange for anything related to the hiring process (including, for example, for applying for, interviewing for, or receiving any offer of employment). If any such request is made, please report this request confidentially to RTI’s Ethics office at [email protected] Any payment made will disqualify any applicant from future employment at RTI. Please only use the [email protected] email address to report ethics concerns; any job applications sent to this email address will not be processed.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th July, 2021.