Program Officer at FHI 360
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in Program Officer -Mtwara for its EpiC project in Tanzania.
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a 5-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. In Tanzania, EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level amongst the targeted populations.
Provides administrative assistance and support All Covid 19 related activities. Collects, compiles, and analyzes information relevant to projects (e.g., update manuals, assist with proposals, process more complicated paperwork). Provides administrative and project support, in addition to communication efforts related to project management and execution. May monitor project budgets. Assists in the creation/review of work plans. Coordinates with technical team. Prepares presentations and supports other related project objectives and deliverables. Program Officers embedded in projects are responsible for direct project implementation and delivery.
- Collaborates with the project management team to assist in ensuring project needs and requirements are met.
- Provides support to project management, such as planning for and arranging meetings and conference room setup, supporting travel requests, and taking on sub-task assignments.
- Collects existing information (metrics, data, etc.) for use in reports, reaching out to subcontractors, grantees, and partners for external information.
- Maintains distribution list for project reports.
- Facilitates communication by answering partner inquires and ensures project internal and external websites are current.
- Coordinates assigned project activities and may conduct research to achieve project goals.
- Assists in the management of the project calendar to ensure project deadlines are being achieved.
- Sets up and maintains electronic and physical project files.
- Sends reminders to keep team on track with reporting deadlines and technical deliverables.
- Provides administrative support to projects as needed by writing, reviewing, and translating reports on a quarterly basis.
- Reviews and contributes to work plans.
- May support project/project teams administratively to provide high quality deliverables to clients.
- Fulfills other administrative and special project duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent – Civil Society, Communication and Social Marketing, Economic Development, Education, the Environment, Gender, Health, Nutrition, Research, Technology and Youth or a Related Field
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience supporting projects and/or a technical practice area.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization.
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th June, 2022.