Program Mentors x6 at GLAMI
- Company: GLAMI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Girls Livelihood and Mentorship Initiative (GLAMI) mentors secondary school girls in Tanzania to complete their education, develop into confident leaders
GLAMI mentors secondary school girls in Tanzania to complete their education, develop into confident leaders, and transform their own lives and their communities. We equip girls to overcome challenges and reach their full potential because educated girls create lasting positive change. The outcome is proactive, resilient, and socially-responsible girls who secure better jobs, raise healthier families, and increase the standing of women in society. We accomplish our mission through our two extracurricular programs : Kisa Program and Binti Shupavu.
Kisa Program is a two-year extracurricular leadership course that prepares girls in their last two years of secondary school to attend university and create positive social change in their communities. Binti Shupavu is a four-year life skills course for lower secondary school girls covering topics such as study skills, personal leadership, health, and self-confidence with the goal of increasing graduation rates for vulnerable girls.
To learn more about GLAMI, please visit our website at www.glami.or.tz
We are seeking enthusiastic, qualified and experienced candidates to fill in positions of Program
Mentors and Outreach Social Workers. Qualified candidates are highly recommended to apply.
PROGRAM MENTORS – POSITION (6)
Location: Morogoro (4) and Arusha(2)
Mentors are the heart of GLAMI programs. We are seeking dedicated individuals to mentor girls at GLAMI partner schools. As a Program Mentor, you will be responsible for delivering program modules, providing guidance and support to scholars, and playing a crucial role in maintaining their engagement and progress. This role also involves various administrative tasks and relationship-building with scholars, parents, and school administrations.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS DESCRIPTION
Mentoring and Module Delivery :
- Deliver program modules to Scholars with a strong emphasis on quality and engagement.
- Maintain close communication and follow-ups with Scholar groups and individuals.
- Provide advice and moral support to girls enrolled in the program.
- Ensure scholars’ continued participation by addressing factors that may lead to dropout.
- Act as a positive role model and offer guidance to girls in the program.
- Offer constructive feedback through reflection forms and meetings on program modules and Scholar activities.
- Conduct surveys to support GLAMI’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning plan.
- Provide recommendations on Scholar’s progress and status for organizational purposes, such as scholarships and emergency funds.
Communication and Relationship Building:
- Foster positive relationships with Scholars, Parents, Liaisons, Partner school administrations, and other school staff.
- Attend all required office meetings and trainings.
- Submit public relations pieces, photos, and videos (blogs) on time as needed.
- Communicate with parents and guardians as required.
Administrative Duties and Event Planning:
- Collect and compile accurate information on student enrolment, attendance, and progression.
- Collaborate with Partner school administrations and Liaisons as necessary.
- Maintain organizational assets and equipment as required.
- Support the organization in preparing and delivering events.
OTHER DUTIES :
Perform any other duties assigned by your supervisor/Line manager.
You are the right cultural fit for the team at GLAMI if you are passionate about girls’ education and have a genuine desire to inspire others and act as a role model for Tanzanian girls.
- Female university graduate (Bachelor’s Degree).
- Ability to work effectively with individuals of different personalities in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to convey ideas, skills, and knowledge to various audiences.
- Experience working on community projects.
- Practical problem-solving skills with the ability to suggest options and alternatives in challenging situations.
- Ability to build trust and rapport with Tanzanian girls.
- Capability to work independently with minimal supervision.
If you are enthusiastic about making a difference in the lives of Tanzanian girls and meet the qualifications for the Program Mentor position, we encourage you to apply. Join our team and help empower girls through education.
GLAMI is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or nationality.