Program Manager, PMTCT Services (1) at AGPAHI
- Company: AGPAHI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Program Manager PMTCT will work as a key member of AGPAHI’s Technical team, under the overall supervision and the technical leadership of the Director of programs (DP). The PM- PMTCT will work in close collaboration with program officers PMTCT (PO PMTCT) and with other staff members to ensure that all activities that need to be performed in AGPAHI’s Global funded programs which fall under the PMTCT intervention are executed with required standard.
- Lead planning and implementation of the Global Fund PMTCT activities for AGPAHI and Work closely with the Director of programs and Regional teams to jointly implement the PMTCT work plan.
- To oversee effective implementation of the PMTCT activities.
- Provide strategic direction technical oversight, and ensure appropriate support for the development and implementation of program activities in PMTCT
- Lead preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual work-plans, project activity updates, and other project-related communication and reporting materials.
- Oversee a team of regional PO PMTCT, and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members.
- Technically represent the project at regional and national forums, including technical conferences, policy briefings, etc.
- Ensure timely, high-quality, and complete submission of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, and any other reports required by Global fund.
- Work closely with the MOHCDGEC,R/DRCHCO’s other PMTCT implementing partners and other key stakeholders to support implementation of the MOHCDGEC PMTCT strategies;
- To build working relationship and provide technical support to Regional and Council Health Management Teams (RHMT and CHMTs) in planning, coordination and supervision of PMTCT activities in their regions/ councils.
- To coordinate and support the MOHCDGEC to supervise and mentor health care workers at AGPAHI supported sites implementing PMTCT clinical cascade activities.
- Develop linkages between various HIV/PMTCT programs and community based organizations within the region.
- Work with health facility staff and HIV positive pregnant/postpartum women to support the establishment and monitor the Psychosocial Support Groups (PSGs) for PMTCT at the facilities.
- Ensure M&E & IEC materials and job aids are available at every supported PMTCT site.
- Reviews and maintains a resource binder (resource mapping) of current PMTCT information for Health care worker education purposes and referral resources.
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship with R/DRCHCOs and health facility staff delivering PMTCT services in districts.
- Working closely with CHMT ensure timely ordering, stocking and supply of PMTCT and Family planning supplies to PMTCT sites.
- Prepare and timely submit field visit reports, ensuring observed issues which need immediate intervention are communicated immediately upon return from the field.
- Help facility staff own the data through improving preparation and make use of PMTCT monthly summary reports. Assist in data collection from the health facility if needed and reporting to specified levels.
- To support R/CHMT to build the capacity of service providers in documentation, data collection and analysis
- Analyze technical and other substantive RCH/PMTCT reports from the regions and recommend required follow-up actions.
Reflective practice and organizational learning
- Document lessons learnt and provide inputs into the way forward/best practices for project implementation
- Assist in the dissemination of lessons learnt and better practices from the PMTCT
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Degree in medical related field preferably BSc Nursing Officer/Higher diploma nursing/clinical medicine.
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field is an added advantage.
- Practical experience (minimum 3 years) in implementing RCH/PMTCT and in HIV/AIDS programs in Tanzania
- Excellent knowledge of reproductive health and family planning within the context of public and private health systems, particularly in the context HIV and AIDS program in Tanzania
- At least three years professional experience in HIV program management.
- Experience in establishing and sustaining working relationships with the Government Ministry of Health, R/CHMT
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and facilitating training in PMTCT, HIV and AIDS prevention, care and treatment areas.
- Significant and up to date knowledge of the current PMTCT , HTC guidelines, standards, tools and best practices
- Friendly disposition and strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong initiative, independence, creativity, and sound judgment;
- Service oriented and flexible with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be a team player with a high level of commitment, able to manage multiple high priority tasks at a go.
- Excellent report writing and analytical skills.
- Flexible to travel >50%
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Power Point etc.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (not exceeding four pages) and names and contact information of three referees before close of business on Wednesday 25nd November 2020 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative, by e-mail to
[email protected] Please mention the title of the position in your email subject and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.
AGPAHI is an equal opportunity employer, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.