Program Manager MECP Zanzibar at Aga Khan Foundation
- Company: Aga Khan Foundation
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The overall Purpose of the Position
The Programme Manager will be responsible for the coordination, quality assurance and overall implementation of MECPZ programmes in close consultation with the Programme Director and Technical leads.
He/She will lead, mentor, and support a high-performing, multicultural and multidisciplinary team to coordinate the design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of projects and programmes to ensure that high-quality results are delivered on time, on target and on budget.
As a member of the Management team, the Programme Manager will work closely with the MECPZ Programme Director and AKF to ensure the alignment of programmes with the overall mandate, values, and standards of MECPZ and its partners.
- Build and maintain a broad network of external partnerships with the national government, parastatal, donors, private sector, civil society organisations and other partners.
- Support the development of quality learning and communications materials including policy briefs and case studies to inform policies, programs, and practices. This entails working in collaboration with project teams and the M&E team to develop a Performance Measurement Framework (PMF) for the new programme, operationalise all current PMF, ensure project implementation teams assume ownership of the PMF and enable M&E to be an integrated component of all project activities.
- Support resource mobilization efforts for MECPZ through the development of high-quality concept notes and proposals for funding in close consultation with the Programme Director.
- Programme Management
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Design thinking, Creativity, and Innovation
- Influence and Negotiation
- Required Experience and Skills
- Master’s degree in Education, International Development, Economics, Business Administration, Project Planning and Management, Community Development, or any other related discipline.
- Minimum of eight years’ experience working with an International Organization or any highly reputable NGO in a similar context.
- Proven experience in managing complex and high-impact projects in partnerships with other organisations, including budgets, staff and partnerships management and capacity building.
- Excellent planning, conceptual and strategic thinking and problem-solving skills are required.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of gender and social inclusion issues and proven experience in delivering programmes that explicitly address these inequalities.
- Knowledge and commitment to child and community safeguarding issues and proven experience in operationalising relevant policies and procedures.
- Excellent in communication, presentation, interpersonal skills and teamwork spirit, with a positive/growth mindset.
- Experience in managing culturally diverse teams and demonstrating non-discriminatory behaviours.
- Ability to operate with discretion and always maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, and fluency in English.
- Strong leadership skills with diverse competencies in an organisation, multi-tasking, critical thinking, and M&E.
- Strong ICT skills and experience operating with Microsoft and emerging new software.
Diversity, Inclusion, and safeguarding: Ensure MECP’s pluralistic values are demonstrated internally, and externally, and all programming is respectful and inclusive of people from diverse backgrounds including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, religion, ethnicity, culture, gender, age, and disability.
Committed to acting ethically and upholding safeguarding standards towards all staff, volunteers, and beneficiaries of the organisation.
MECPZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment”)
About the Agency
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), alongside its sister AKDN agencies, has implemented innovative, community-driven solutions to development challenges for over 50 years. It brings together human, financial and technical resources to address some of the challenges faced by the poorest and most marginalised communities in the world. Special emphasis is placed on investing in human potential, expanding opportunity and improving the overall quality of life, especially for women and girls. It works primarily in six areas: Agriculture and Food Security; Economic Inclusion; Education; Early Childhood Development; Health and Nutrition; and Civil Society.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22nd December, 2022.