Program Manager – COVID-19 at Americares
- Company: Americares
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches 85 countries on average, including the United States, with life-changing health programs, medicine, medical supplies, and emergency aid. Americares is one of the world’s leading non-profit providers of donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit americares.org.
About the Community Partnerships for Respectful Care (CPRC) project:
The Americares Community Partnerships for Respectful Care (CPRC) is a 5-year project (2020-2025) funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) with the aim to contribute to reducing mortality and morbidity among mothers and their children through improved community-based health care. The USAID CPRC project (USAID UZAZI STAHA in Swahili) provides strategic technical assistance at the national, regional and council levels to improve the quality and uptake of reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH), family planning (FP), and nutrition services, as well as strengthen respectful maternity care in Tanzania. Americares Tanzania works with Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) in the implementation of the USAID CPRC project in the Mwanza Region.
COVID-19 Vaccination Support: Through the U.S. Government’s Initiative for Global Vaccine Access (Global VAX), USAID and other U.S. government agencies (e.g. CDC) are supporting Tanzania in reaching 70 percent of the eligible population with the COVID-19 vaccination. Through the CPRC project, USAID is supporting interventions to accelerate the uptake of COVID-19 vaccination in Mwanza and Shinyanga regions through social behavior change (SBC) and community outreach. The CPRC project will leverage its RMNCAH activities and relationships with key stakeholders to strengthen vaccination demand, community mobilization, service delivery and COVID-19 data management efforts in line with Tanzania’s Phase II acceleration plan and in close partnership with CDC vaccination service delivery support partners in the two regions. CPRC will use a ‘community scorecard’ approach for identifying barriers around COVID-19 vaccine uptake and creating locally driven solutions for combating vaccine hesitancy and misinformation and strengthening linkages between facility and community health services. Americares/CPRC will engage civil society organizations (CSOs) for grassroots-level mobilization and reach in the roll-out of interventions.
Under the leadership of the CPRC Project Director, the Program Manager will oversee the implementation of the CPRC Global Vax interventions. She/he will supervise project officers of the Global Vax initiative and oversee the Global Vax field office operations, will work closely with regional and district counterparts to set priorities and will ensure successful implementation of the work plan and achievement of the project’s targets and goals within the available budget. Additionally, she/he will support the development of deliverables and reports for the project and ensure timely, quality submissions, including ensuring that USAID requirements for Global Vax reporting are met. She/he will coordinate with the R/CHMTs to tailor assistance to district needs and to engage other sectors at the regional/district levels. She/he will work with CPRC leadership to provide management support and guidance to sub-partners/civil society organizations (CSOs) and contractors to ensure timely attainment of results against project targets. The Project Manager will ensure compliance with USAID and Americares guidelines and regulations.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Oversee the design, management, implementation and reporting of CPRC Global Vax activities in Shinyanga and Mwanza regions
– Supervise and support the project officers in the management project activities, including coordination with regional/district leadership and leadership of the CSO relationships
– Oversee the quality of project implementation in the regions through supervision, coaching and mentoring on CPRC Global Vax project, including at district, facility and community levels.
– Monitor budget performance and collaborate with the Finance Officer to monitor variances and develop a corrective action plan as needed.
– Provide oversight of CSO sub-grantees and other contractors ensuring quality, timely attainment of their results against project targets
– Provide supervisory leadership and management of project officers to develop personal performance plans, approve timesheets, annual leave and other related supervisory activities
– Liaise with the Grants Officer on CSO agreements they expend funds effectively and responsibly and the expected results are realized
Planning, Implementation and Coordination:
– Lead the planning and implementation of CPRC Global Vax activities at regional level with local stakeholders in Shinyanga and Mwanza
– Liaise with regional and district local authorities in ensuring that the CPRC Global Vax Project -supported activities contribute to the national goals and local plans for the acceleration of COVID 19 vaccination uptake.
– Collaborate with the CPRC Technical Lead in Social Behavior Change and Community Engagement in terms of planning strategies for community engagement, monitoring effectiveness, and adapting them, as needed.
– Work with R/CHMTs in developing and revising “macro/micro plans” to integrate community-based approaches and support forecasts of their vaccines and supplies needs on time.
– Ensure timely execution of CPRC Global Vax regional and council work plans and achievement of the project’s targets within the allocated budget.
– Maintain close relationships with the RMOs, DMOs, CHMTs, Regional/District Immunization and Vaccination Officers, Regional/ District Community Based – – Health Promotion Coordinator and other NGOs implementing COVID-19 vaccination work in Mwanza and Shinyanga regions.
– Coordinate with other CPRC technical leads in conducting capacity building activities at all levels to realize project results
– Participate in capacity building activities including trainings, coaching and supervision at regional, district, facility and community levels
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning:
– Ensure quality and timely data collection and submission of project data reports, ensuring compliance with all USAID Global Vax and other project reporting requirements
– Collaborate with the M&E Specialist in ensuring sound data collection systems and effective coordination with regional M&E officers
– Ensure trip reports, monthly reports, quarterly narrative, expenditure and finance reports, and other reports of the regions are prepared and submitted in timely manner
– Identify and document success stories and best practices
– Represent Americares in various activities at the regional levels as assigned by the Project Director.
– Strengthen and facilitate collaboration and coordination with other Global Vax implementing partners.
– Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
– Master’s degree in public health, management, social work, community development, sociology with minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, or bachelor’s degree with more than 10 years similar experience;
– Minimum of 5 years of experience in program management for multi-year international health sector development projects, with 3 or more years of direct line management experience;
– Unrestricted authorization to work in Tanzania.
– Willingness and ability to travel at least two weeks per month.
– Experience in monitoring & evaluation and/or strategic information an added advantage
– Demonstrated experience in implementing USAID-funded or other US government-funded programs, including meeting donor reporting requirements
– Demonstrated experience working independently to manage high-volume workflow, being responsive to partners and donors, and troubleshooting issues
– Strong organizational skills, capacity to think strategically and attention to detail
– Ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of programs
– Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders
– Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project partners, staff, sub-partners, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
– Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communications skills; ability to develop partnerships across sectors and cultures
– Excellent English-language speaking and writing skills
– Proficiency in Office 365 including Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
– Ability and willingness to take USAID-mandated courses within 30 days of employment
CORE AMERICARES RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Foster Americares values of collaborative, accountable, responsive, and effective.
– Coach, support and develop staff to increase individual and team effectiveness; and
– Develop and manage implementation of plans to increase team operating performance.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31st July, 2022.