Program Manager at Tearfund
- Company: Tearfund
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual with proven humanitarian and partner management experience to join our team in Tanzania as Programme Manager.
The Programme Manager (PM) will support the Interim Country Director (CD) in providing programme management support to partners ensuring that programmes are design, implemented, monitored, evaluated and reported in accordance with Tearfund’s Quality Standards and within Tearfund’s management systems.
In addition, the PM will contribute to building the capacity of Tearfund’s partners (churches and civil society) in Tanzania to deliver excellent poverty reduction work in a cost effective and sustainable manner. The post holder will also represent and advocate on behalf of Tearfund and its partners with donors, partner organisations and governmental bodies.
The successful candidate will have the following:
• A degree or equivalent in development, management studies or related subjects
• Relevant humanitarian experience which includes project management and capacity development, strategic planning and thinking and budget development and management
• Excellent people and team management skills
• Proven success in securing institutional funding
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Swahili
Do you have experience in the community development sector and proven experience of building capacity of others? If so we would love to hear from you.
All applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs.
This contract is for a 24 month period, but with potential to extend. Please note candidates must have the current right to live and work in Tanzania.
Salary: 72,391,510 Tanzanian Shilling per annum
The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues. In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a Watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 25th October, 2020.