Program Integrity Specialist at Church World Service
- Company: Church World Service
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement, and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
The Program Integrity Specialist is responsible for assisting in the implementation of the USRAP Integrity and Compliance Guide and Internal Malfeasance Prevention and Mitigation Measures in the Tanzania Country Office. The Program Integrity Specialist supports and at times leads fraud investigations, including assessing fraud allegations, conducting interviews, and writing investigation reports.
- Supports and at times facilitates fraud and malfeasance investigations in coordination with the Tanzania Head of Office, RSC Director, Senior Compliance Coordinator, Program Integrity Manager, and Human Resource Manager as appropriate.
- Draft fraud and malfeasance investigation and closure reports, ensuring that both CWS and donor reporting requirements are met, as needed.
- Monitor and tracks fraud reporting mechanisms on a daily basis.
- Oversee compliance with requirements as specified through the Cooperative Agreement, Integrity and Compliance Guide, and RSC Internal Malfeasance Prevention and Mitigation Measures.
- Support the maintenance and revisions of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), independently and collaboratively, to ensure internal compliance with fraud and malfeasance mitigation guidelines and investigation/reporting requirements.
- Coordinate with country office management on development of new and innovative ways for fraud and malfeasance mitigation.
- Support the preparation of quarterly and annual reports for the funder on matters of program integrity.
- Join regular meetings and activities of the Fraud and Ethics Committee.
- Maintain a current knowledge of the USRAP.
- On occasion, travels independently to the main office, sub-offices, circuit ride locations to conduct Program Integrity monitoring and training field visits.
- If a U.S. passport holder: Lead or support sensitive, urgent U.S. passport only investigations.
- Monitor and manage the physical fraud and suggestions box in Tanzania.
Data Management and Analysis
- Collaborate with Information Technology Point of Contact to ensure internal IT controls are sufficient and surpass guidelines for the security of START and electronic data for the country office.
- Develops and maintains effective and independent relationships with CWS/RSC Africa USRAP partners and donors, including PRM, USCIS, IOM, UNHCR, and domestic Resettlement Agencies.
- Attends Quarterly Fraud Trend meetings as needed.
- Ensures partner communication from the unit is professional, timely and proactive.
- Represents organization policies and CWS RSC Africa values to staff.
- Ensures the workforce is professional when representing CWS RSC Africa to refugees, partners, the funder, and colleagues.
- Provide guidance and acts as a resource to programmatic and administrative staff working on Program Integrity-related projects.
- Assist with the development of program integrity management system resources.
- Identify any program related gaps at the country -office and works to resolve them with sub-office management and Program Integrity Unit in Kenya.
This position also performs other duties that may be assigned by the Head of Office, Senior Compliance Coordinator, and/or CWS RSC Africa Management to enhance the efficiency and efficacy of the operation.
- Five (5) years of paid work experience is required.
- One (1) year of US Refugee Admissions Program experience preferred.
- One (1) year of workplace investigation experience preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of START highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the US Refugee Admissions Program highly desirable.
- Experience living and working overseas.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology, Business Management or a related field or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or four years of paid work experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree is required.
- Industry standard certifications preferred but not required, such as Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or Certified Protection Professional (CPP).
- Supervise staff to ensure policies and procedures are implemented and executed in accordance with guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain a high-performance standard with attention to detail, completing tasks within set timeframes.
- Exercise good judgement and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems.
- Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public.
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records.
- Analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions.
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain a high-performance standard with attention to detail.
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa.
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
- COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa.
- This position is based in Kasulu, Tanzania.
- This position requires use of laptops at all times, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
- This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program.
- Background check which includes references, and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment for international applicants.
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- Internationals – International applicants must be legally eligible to work and obtain a work permit in Tanzania. The ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- The position is U.S. passport holder preferred, but not required.
- Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements, and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
- The US Embassy rates Tanzania as both HIGH in crime and HIGH in terrorism. Incumbents should fully understand the insecurities present within Tanzania and the region.
- Full time.
- All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22nd August, 2022.