Program Assistant – Ending Violence Against Women and Girls at UN Volunteers
- Company: UN Volunteers
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Reporting to EVAW/G Program Specialist (Team Leader), the Programme Analyst provides programme support to the effective management of UN Women programmes in the Tanzania by contributing in the programme design, formulation, implementation and evaluation. S/he supports the delivery of UN Women programmes by analyzing results achieved during implementation and supporting appropriate application of systems and procedures. She/he works in close collaboration with the programme and operations team, UN Women HQ staff, Government officials, multi and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UN Women programme implementation under portfolio.
- Supports the implementation of the EVAWG ongoing programme initiatives, in line with UNDAP II.
- Assists in the development of project documents on EVAWG through research, mapping of existing initiatives and discussions with partners;
- Supports the development of briefing papers and background documents to highlight progress of implementation of the UN Joint Programs in the country;
- Supports the development of project agreements with community-based organizations, regional authorities, other government institutions and civil society organistions;
- Participates in UN Women and other UN agency meetings relevant to the thematic areas of EVAWG and supports development of reports on key points and follow up actions;
- Supports the tracking of partnership agreements, their implementation and adherence by partners to timelines and UN Women standards, rules and regulations;
- Supports the drafting of internal reports and reports to development partners as per reporting requirements and timelines;
- Supports the organisation of meetings and conferences, including compilation of relevant documentation and communication with partners;
- Participates in meetings of UN Women, other UN agencies and development partners, produces reports and contributes to discussions on the advancement of UN Women’s programmatic portfolio in this area;
- Supports review and quality assurance of project partner agreements and monitoring reports and assists in the provision of feedback and comments to partners;
- Supports the development of knowledge products on the Kigoma Joint Programme, highlighting the key successes and lessons learnt;
- Supports the review of financial reports and the provision of inputs and comments to partner organisations as per agreements with UN Women
Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 2 years) in the areas of EVAW;
Motivated to contribute towards peace and development and to serve others;
Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills;
Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team;
Flexible and open to learning and new experiences
Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions;
Fluency in spoken and written Kiswahili and English (language) are required, and knowledge of advocacy, lobbying and negotiation is an asset;
Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
Computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media, and others).
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 1st April, 2021.