Program Assistant at RTI
- Company: RTI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Act to End Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) | East is a five-year project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) that helps national NTD control programs for the control and elimination of five targeted NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, soil-transmitted helminths, and trachoma. RTI seeks a Program Assistant who will coordinate the implementation of the project activities and provide technical expertise. She/he will maintain relationships with key sector partners, donors, consultants, host country counterparts and stakeholders and collaborate with colleagues across RTI on technical, administrative, and strategic planning initiatives. She/he will also ensure successful implementation of project along with ensuring best practices and lessons learned are captured and disseminated across project. The Program Assistant may serve as a representative of the project to clients, stakeholders, and partners, providing key input for technical or management decisions and will be responsible for managing program deliverables including planning and coordination of all activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with project staff, provide monitoring, supervision and capacity building during the implementation of project activities.
- Collaborate with the M&E Officer on data management, analysis and archiving, and translating data into action.
- Collaborate with the Program Officer on organizing, implementing and evaluating all workshops, training and technical meetings funded under the Act | East program, as well as all Health System Strengthening and Learning activities.
- Assist the Program Manager in managing relationships with the MOH and other key stakeholders at the national, provincial and district levels to ensure the successful implementation of all project support.
- Assist the Program Manager in developing annual project workplans and budgets.
- Supervise the implementation of Disease Specific Assessment (DSA) activities, e.g. pre-Transmission Assessment Survey (pre-TAS), TAS, and others, and ensure quality of implementation to meet the protocol requirements as well as the data quality.
- Administer funding for specific activities in the field, e.g. TAS, workshops, or training, as needed.
- Other duties related to other technical activities as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Domestic travel may be required.
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills & Abilities:
- Proven experience in working collaboratively with Tanzanian government units at all levels as well as local NGOs is preferred.
- Ability to successfully work within a team, have exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple, high pressure activities.
- Fluent in English and have strong interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and the ability to effectively communicate with individuals from diverse professional and social backgrounds with a service-oriented attitude.
- Familiarity with international development organizations, with its systems and policies
- High degree of professionalism and discretion
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team and in matrix organization
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a multi-tasking setting
- Experience with MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th August, 2021.