Program Accountant at ASUTA
- Company: ASUTA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
ASASI YA UWEZESHAJI TANZANIA
Asasi ya Uwezeshaji Tanzania – ASUTA working in partnership with JHPIEGO) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) which is dedicated to conduct the USAID Afya Yangu Reproductive Maternal Newborn- Child and Adolescent Health (Afya Yangu- RMNCAH) a five-year project (2022-2027) aimed to increase the demand for and use of quality integrated RMNCAH services in the target regions, particularly by women and youth. The project is implemented in 11 regions of Tanzania’ mainland and Zanzibar.
Job Title: Program Accountant – Tanganyika District, Katavi Region
Minimum Qualification Degree
Years of Experience 2 years
As a Project Accountant/Administration, the Employee is required to perform the following duties and undertake the following responsibilities in a professional manner in Tanganyika District, Katavi Region.
1. Maintain and update the project office filing system,
2. Ensure office security system is effectively functioning,
3. Supervise the work of the office assistant
4. Advise the management on the methodology of improving occupational safety.
5. Supervise the hiring process of ASUTA employees.
6. Ensure the availability of adequate working tools, guidelines, and regulations.
7. Collect invoices/bills and make payments ensuring the prevailing financial rules and regulations of donors
8. Keep financial documents and records to meet the organizational and project requirements,
9. Report the financial performance on a periodic basis to donors,
10. Make advance payment of travel allowance, per diem, and travel advance,
11. Handle petty cash,
12. Reconcile bank accounts and report to the project management unit
13. Providing accounting services to the concerned, especially the status of budget and expenditure on a quarterly basis or as and when required,
14. Keeping project staff aware and informed of changes to accounting system/structure/ procedures through training/presentation,
15. Managing for purchase of the supplies, materials, equipment, and physical facilities,
16. Visiting project sites as necessary to facilitate and oversee the field activities,
17. Assist the process of financial and project annual audits and;
18. Other responsibilities as directed by the project Finance Manager and Administration
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a CV, passport-size photo, and cover letter (only) indicating the position applied. Through our email address [email protected].
The closing date for applications is 27th September 2023. Each application should include at least three referees Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.