Productivity for Prosperity (P4P) Business Environment Advocacy Lead at Palladium
- Company: Palladium
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Production Jobs in Tanzania
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at [email protected]
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
FCDO’s Productivity for Prosperity (P4P) will be a sustainable economic transformation programme that will look to increase labour productivity and climate-resilience in Tanzania’s job-creating sectors. It will achieve this through private sector development (investment facilitation, trade facilitation and building capabilities of firms) and business environment reform (supporting proportionate and predictable regulation). P4P will also provide a single streamlined platform to support the UK’s economic and climate diplomacy in Tanzania, in partnership with CDC and the Department for International Trade.
Specific to business environment reform, P4P will include the implementation of a Business Environment Advocacy Facility workstream, whose objective will be to increase the lobbying effectiveness of business organisations and advocacy groups to push for business environment reform.
The key responsibilities of the Business Environment Advocacy Lead are outlined below. It is to be noted that these are not exhaustive and may evolve with the delivery of the programme.
- Develop and manage a strong relationship with reputable locally based business membership organisations and advocacy groups during the course of the programme, including (although not limited to) the British Business Group (BBG), CEO Round Table, the Tanzania Private Sector Foundation etc.
- Collaborate with the Political Director to manage engagements and develop linkages between business membership organisations, advocacy groups and the Government of Tanzania,
- Assist the Political Director in representing the programme both with client offices, and external audiences as needed.
- Develop strong working relationships and a regular dialogue on programme progress and challenges with Palladium’s core team and the client.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the Programme Senior Manager, the Strategy Director and the Political Director.
Strategy and Operational Planning
- Support the development of the Business Environment Advocacy Workstream strategy and an adaptive approach to deliver the programme outputs in cooperation and consultation with technical advisors, Programme Director, Strategy/Political Directors, FCDO, partners, the government and other key stakeholders.
- Support the Programme’s Director & Senior Manager in the preparation of workstream relevant work plans and budgets; staffing plans; performance improvement plans and other plans as required.
- Assist Senior Programme Manager in the effective implementation of workstream related work plans and to ensure delivery it stays on time, within budget, meets client and stakeholder expectations and is contractually compliant.
- Monitor workstream implementation progress; maintain up-to-date project logs and registers; work to resolve issues, manage and mitigate risks; and escalate material issues and risks as appropriate.
- Ensure good governance & compliance practices, including Due Diligence of partners and hired external consultants; or development of programme manual.
- Support the Programme Leadership, when relevant, in preparing high level discussions with FCDO and in developing any internal/external-facing documents related to the programme.
- Guide, nurture and manage STTAs, supporting them in delivery of their workplan deliverables.
- Coach and offer feedback and advice and technical input in and when required.
- Recruit, hire and manage consultants as needed to carry out activities.
Financial Management and Administration
- Ensure the project provides and demonstrates Value for Money.
- Ensure the programme adheres to the budget and oversee budget variations and contract amendments.
- Substantial experience in working with Tanzanian business membership organisations and advocacy groups.
- Experience working with key government departments and institutions involved in business reform.
- Experience in supporting private sector development and business reform.
- Very good understanding of governance, public administration and key private sector players
- Experience working with donor (preferably FCDO) funded programmes
- Strong expertise in leading complex programmes, including managing and mentoring senior members of staff.
- Strong experience in managing complex teams.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th January , 2022.